• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    So, I just had an interesting experience on 465.

I was driving along in the center lane, when I realized that there was a car that had been keeping pace with me for a good minute or so in the right lane. I look over, and the guy in this car is just staring at me. So I give a little smile and a wave, then eyes back front. I glance back over a second later, and this guy is still staring at me.

He then speeds up, which only brings him closer to the bumper of the car he's following. The other car must have slowed down because a few seconds later he was right back to neck and neck with me. He looked back in my car, and I shrugged at him.

He then started gesturing wildly, and he looked like he was yelling something, but I obviously couldn't hear him. Having no idea what he wanted, I just held my shrug, when he hit his brakes, switched to the center lane behind me, then switched to the left lane, then sped up to get neck and neck with me again, and just kept staring, gesturing, and yelling. I was over it at this point, so I winked, blew a kiss, and looked forward again.

I had no idea what was going on at this point, but he started swerving as he stared at me - and came damned close to side-swiping my car. I instinctively moved a bit farther to the right - and that's when I realized he wasn't swerving, he was merging into the center lane, whether I was occupying it or not!

Luckily, there was no one in the right lane - I merged over, he got into the center lane and sped off. I don't get it -it's not like the center lane would get him where he was going any faster, the left lane he was already in was totally clear. :n00b: Seriously, WTF?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Had a guy about run me off the road because I passed him leaving the Taco Bell drive-thru. The one at Thompson and 31 has two lanes, so if you choose to leave the lane you can. Well he pulled forward and stopped - I got my food and was ready to go so I went around him in the empty lane - he held his horn then sped up to catch me on Thompson road and tried to run me into the curb...

Not sure why? Because I got out of the parking lot before him?

People are dumb.

Oh, and Baldur's Gate.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I hear you on that. I'm just glad that I only have to drive a few miles on country roads between work and home. Other than that I do my level best to not leave Dantucky. I dred having to drive anywhere in or near Indy.

People are scary nuts when behind the wheel. :runaway:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    So, I just had an interesting experience on 465.

I was driving along in the center lane, when I realized that there was a car that had been keeping pace with me for a good minute or so in the right lane. I look over, and the guy in this car is just staring at me. So I give a little smile and a wave, then eyes back front. I glance back over a second later, and this guy is still staring at me.

He then speeds up, which only brings him closer to the bumper of the car he's following. The other car must have slowed down because a few seconds later he was right back to neck and neck with me. He looked back in my car, and I shrugged at him.

He then started gesturing wildly, and he looked like he was yelling something, but I obviously couldn't hear him. Having no idea what he wanted, I just held my shrug, when he hit his brakes, switched to the center lane behind me, then switched to the left lane, then sped up to get neck and neck with me again, and just kept staring, gesturing, and yelling. I was over it at this point, so I winked, blew a kiss, and looked forward again.

I had no idea what was going on at this point, but he started swerving as he stared at me - and came damned close to side-swiping my car. I instinctively moved a bit farther to the right - and that's when I realized he wasn't swerving, he was merging into the center lane, whether I was occupying it or not!

Luckily, there was no one in the right lane - I merged over, he got into the center lane and sped off. I don't get it -it's not like the center lane would get him where he was going any faster, the left lane he was already in was totally clear. :n00b: Seriously, WTF?

Had a guy about run me off the road because I passed him leaving the Taco Bell drive-thru. The one at Thompson and 31 has two lanes, so if you choose to leave the lane you can. Well he pulled forward and stopped - I got my food and was ready to go so I went around him in the empty lane - he held his horn then sped up to catch me on Thompson road and tried to run me into the curb...

Not sure why? Because I got out of the parking lot before him?

People are dumb.

Oh, and Baldur's Gate.

This is about my daily commute to and from work.

Although tonight at 31 and Thompson, there were 3 police cars on Thompson for one car, looked like they had the one in handcuffs.

I love it when they merge into the lane I am in then slow down... then speed up to try to get back in front of me after I pass them.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yeah, I live walking distance from that intersection and there are routinely terrible accidents there... Not really sure how it could happen other than people being in too big a hurry.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I drive a 24' box truck around all day. People amaze me with their driving.
    A 24' box truck is big... But it's even more 'interesting' when you're on something nobody notices like a motorcycle.

I've been run off the road, cut off, pulled out in front of, and all manner of things. The really sad part is 99% of the time the people that did these things aren't even aware it happened.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington

I have abandoned this:
    middle-finger-censor_pan_17846.jpg

And moved to this:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Is it just me or has the general demeanor of traffic changed. Everyone is in a hurry to get nowhere and has no idea how to get there. Heads down looking at the phone or working a laptop. Running hard up the left lane and cutting you off for an exit they take everyday so this is intentional. It is getting nuts out there.
    I drive a lot (HVAC tech) and I see this more and more and more. Rage, confusion or just straight up stupid is more the norm now. Scary.

indyjack

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Is it just me or has the general demeanor of traffic changed. Everyone is in a hurry to get nowhere and has no idea how to get there. Heads down looking at the phone or working a laptop. Running hard up the left lane and cutting you off for an exit they take everyday so this is intentional. It is getting nuts out there.
    I drive a lot (HVAC tech) and I see this more and more and more. Rage, confusion or just straight up stupid is more the norm now. Scary.

i've been driving for a living for over ten years, and it's steadily gotten worse. you're exactly right. i've seen drivers who take the same route every day enter the addresses in their gps. i've seen drivers gps an address three blocks away when they have a map right in front of them. (how hard is it to remember "turn right, then left?) i remember when cell phones first came out and i started forgetting phone numbers way too easily. apparently if you get directions all the time it has the same affect. you never know where you are anymore, or how to get where you want to go. and as far as the road rage goes, i just don't think anybody gives a crap about anybody anymore.:twocents:

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I think it's gotten worse. My husband and I used to take lots of motorcycle trips. We've been to the Smokies several times, but last time we went, I felt like I was in a constant state of anxiety because of the interstate traffic.
    Last time I was on 465 on my bike it was :xmad::ar15::n00b::runaway::eek:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I think it's gotten worse. My husband and I used to take lots of motorcycle trips. We've been to the Smokies several times, but last time we went, I felt like I was in a constant state of anxiety because of the interstate traffic.
    Last time I was on 465 on my bike it was :xmad::ar15::n00b::runaway::eek:

It has become worse. I have been a "traveling salesman" for 25 years. I have well over 1,000,000 miles driven and I have all kinds of self-directed "studies" on driver attitude that I have collected through experience driving all those miles.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It has become worse. I have been a "traveling salesman" for 25 years. I have well over 1,000,000 miles driven and I have all kinds of self-directed "studies" on driver attitude that I have collected through experience driving all those miles.

Anxiety's are high these days with everyone being so "connected" and the barrage of negative news and political crap the we are pummeled with every minute of every day. Near $4.00 a gallon gas, worry's about jobs and life sucking in general seems to be the issues that set off the rage these days. People are empowered and anonymous behind the wheel.
    I now drive an un-marked truck being self-employed sub-contractor and I no longer dodge, weave and avoid the idiots. I hold my lane and give ground only if it is for good reason. The texting/movie watching/lap-top operating/on the phone lane weaver gets put back into their place in line more often than not. I refuse to endanger others to avoid idiotic nut jobs. I am 6' 1" and 255 Lbs. Grew up in Eagledale. Road rage is not a good idea with me.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    One of these days when I'm independently wealthy... I think that I'd like to just let people hit me. Video cameras rolling capturing 360*... Driving a beat-up pick-up truck around the Interstate.

Silly self-preservation instincts tend to take over, though. Especially when there are semi-trailers involved.

*sigh*

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I love messing with tailgaters!
    Windshield washing fluid while going fast is awesome.
    Especially if they have their windows down!

Top Bottom