• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PM66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Crumstown, IN
    PM (Makarov) in an Alessi Dual Talon IWB holster for deep concealment. Now that I'm dressing like an Eskimo, I'm using my OWB Falco leather holster with the PM. Also carry a CZ97B in a Falco horizontal shoulder rig whan travelling.

PM66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Crumstown, IN
    I'm reading this thread with great interest because I intend to start carrying when my LTCH comes in, I haven't seen any posts for ankle holsters or shoulder holsters. Are these just not practical for concealed carry?
    I use Falco Horizontal shoulder rigs for Makarovs, and my CZ97B, and a vertical shoulder rig for a Baby Eagle that's really growing on me, lately. Thing with a shoulder holster is that you need an outer layer for concealment. The fact that right now it's 17 degrees outside up hear in Domerland lends well to the use of them. Really, a holster rig is the most comfotable, to me.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    in a Front Line holster

HolsterPics007.jpg

Flaregun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I normally just carry the P3AT in my front pocket, with the clip keeping it from dropping into the pocket. I can also keep it inside the jacket I wear, it has a snap strap (cell phone?) that keeps it tight and secure.

I have recently picked up 3 holsters to try out, ankle, front pocket and wallet. The front pocket holster also holds a spare mag and does a good job of keeping it's orientation correct and will work out well for thinner dress pants.

GunGuyEVV

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    What is the best holster to conceal a Smith & Wesson SW40VE for casual wear (t-shirt and jeans) and another for more formal (sport coat or a suit)?

rodeoclown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    I would go with an IWB for jeans and shirt and then if you are wearing a sports coat owb or you can get a tuckable IWB and not worry about it.

Bart

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Seymour
    I usually carry a Glock 19 with XS big dot sights in a blade tech outside the waist band holster. It is accompanied by a spare Glock 17 magazine in a Fobus holder. This is my year round set up although I sometimes use a blade tech paddle holster.

On occasion I’ll carry my J-frame Smith in an ankle holster but that is not preferred.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Carry

Depends on what Im wearing and where Im headed
    637 S&W 38spcl in a Don Hume IWB
    Glock 17 in a 5:11 /Blade Tec owb paddle
    kimber ultra carry in a High Noon leather owb
    Colt Special Combat Galco IWB

Ford Truck

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Franklin Twp., DeKalb County, Ind.
    I usually wear an original (90 yr. old) Smith & Wesson Model of 1917 in an el cheapo Uncle Mike's vertical shoulder holster. On occaision, it's a Smith & Wesson Model 66. I've got an Uncle Mike's vertical shoulder holster for it as well as an Uncle Mike's paddle holster set for right hand crossdraw & a Bianchi IWB I sometimes wear in the appendix position. I seldom bother to conceal but, in cold weather, my coat is over it when I'm outside.

I've been stopped a couple times for minor traffic infractions while open carrying, but have had no difficulties with police hassling me for open carry.

A couple months ago, I was sitting at the bar at the Mad Anthony Tap Room in Auburn & some dipstick in the restaurant, who presented himself to his waitress as an off-duty cop, saw me go to the restroom & gave the waitress a pile of crap about me 'walking around in there with a gun & what are you going to do about it, but he never approached me about it.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Glock 26 in a Fobus ankle holster. I wear this most of the time and find it to be pretty comfortable. In the summer I'll wear it under jeans in flip flops and no socks. Never had an issue as it tightens up nicely to a secure fit.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    mostly icarry ss 92fs in a uncle mikes side holster.the little guy in the avatar carrys both his six guns on his side.:draw:

Last edited:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    We had the redneck gun safe

Now the redneck pocket holster.

When I got the Kel-Tec P-3AT as a BUG, the store didn't have any pocket holsters in stock. So I did the following.

I traced the gun on a piece of cardboard (notepad backing). I cut around the tracing, leaving an inch or so to the sides and rather less at the ends.

I cut another piece, shorter (to allow access to the grip) and a little narrower. Taped the two together along the edges so the larger piece curved smoothly. Put the gun in between the two pieces of cardboard and slip the whole assembly into my pocket with the larger piece of cardboard to the outside. The cardboard was stiff enough to hide the shape of the gun, even when my pants leg was pulled tight (as when sitting).

It only lasted a couple of days, but long enough for me to get an actual nylon holster that does an adequate job for the time being. (I've got a couple of others on order, but they're several weeks out.)

Sorry. No pics.

Ruiner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    SIG 229R .40 Cal in a Blackhawk CQC Holster

Just picked up a XD Subcompact and will be doing the same. ( When I really want to conceal with less clothing )

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    beretta 92fs in Galco jackass rig, but I just got it a couple months ago and can tell that I will have to Figure out somehting else for the summer, "I'm not a big guy about 5'6 135"

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Now the redneck pocket holster.

When I got the Kel-Tec P-3AT as a BUG, the store didn't have any pocket holsters in stock. So I did the following.

I traced the gun on a piece of cardboard (notepad backing). I cut around the tracing, leaving an inch or so to the sides and rather less at the ends.

I cut another piece, shorter (to allow access to the grip) and a little narrower. Taped the two together along the edges so the larger piece curved smoothly. Put the gun in between the two pieces of cardboard and slip the whole assembly into my pocket with the larger piece of cardboard to the outside. The cardboard was stiff enough to hide the shape of the gun, even when my pants leg was pulled tight (as when sitting).

It only lasted a couple of days, but long enough for me to get an actual nylon holster that does an adequate job for the time being. (I've got a couple of others on order, but they're several weeks out.)

Sorry. No pics.

No pics? That's bordering on criminal!!! Points for the MacGyver holster...

Top Bottom