• Total voters

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Dunno my score, and dunno what a good score is.

If I don't have the money, I do not buy. Probably have no credit score to speak of.

I stay well out of debt this way.

Josh <><

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I don't see this thread getting too many serious answers.
    I'm just curious but why? Its not like disclosing your credit score can ruin your credit.

BTW, I recently applied for a home loan and the lender said I'm probably in the top 2% of people in the country for my credit score. Not bad for being in my early twenties.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Your poll doesn't go high enough. Of the 3 main bureaus, I think they go to 830 and 850 for maxes. I just checked mine 2 days ago and it is 808.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I ran mine about 3 years ago and it was 789 and was in the top 3% I believe. I may be in the top 2 now. Not too bad for being 33 this month.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    no idea. Never had a problem getting credit if I wanted it. Now I avoid it if I can.

I have gone regularly to get my free credit report, but never paid to get the score. If it were free, I would probably get it for giggles.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    Don't put much faith in credit scores. All it usually says is that you have a lot of debit. I have a low credit score... why? Because I pay in cash. Actually, it started out years ago after college, got WAY in over my head. Couldn't get credit if I wanted to. Then, as the years passed, I got used to paying everything with cash. Now I just don't have any credit. I heard you can send in a years worth of utility payments so it can be recorded as good credit, but honestly I don't like giving those companies any of my time. While they certainly do report people's bad dealings, they do very little to report the good ones. They don't even HAVE to list the utility payments, its up to them. So it's really just a tool for the indebted.

As far as buying a home, don't let your ego lead you. Start very small. A half acre or so, outside of town and a mobile home. Save, sell, buy (or build). But it does require you to swallow your ego. Of course many places now have government road blocks to starting small. As our liberties are stripped away, counties can now prevent you from starting small. Force you to go through a bank. Hopefully those things can still be changed, for the sake of kids now lest they all be enslaved at the whims of those at the top.

Its funny how so many people who themselves started small are so incensed at the site of someone putting in a mobile home, or living in a home where the siding is in need of paint, or in some places even have the audacity to put up vinyl siding.

Credit scores are a gimmick to keep people in debt. I hope that system will find its demise in the next couple decades.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    for the most part you are correct. I got my rating by managing my debt wisely. I no longer have any debt.

Don't put much faith in credit scores. All it usually says is that you have a lot of debit. I have a low credit score... why? Because I pay in cash. Actually, it started out years ago after college, got WAY in over my head. Couldn't get credit if I wanted to. Then, as the years passed, I got used to paying everything with cash. Now I just don't have any credit. I heard you can send in a years worth of utility payments so it can be recorded as good credit, but honestly I don't like giving those companies any of my time. While they certainly do report people's bad dealings, they do very little to report the good ones. They don't even HAVE to list the utility payments, its up to them. So it's really just a tool for the indebted.

As far as buying a home, don't let your ego lead you. Start very small. A half acre or so, outside of town and a mobile home. Save, sell, buy (or build). But it does require you to swallow your ego. Of course many places now have government road blocks to starting small. As our liberties are stripped away, counties can now prevent you from starting small. Force you to go through a bank. Hopefully those things can still be changed, for the sake of kids now lest they all be enslaved at the whims of those at the top.

Its funny how so many people who themselves started small are so incensed at the site of someone putting in a mobile home, or living in a home where the siding is in need of paint, or in some places even have the audacity to put up vinyl siding.

Credit scores are a gimmick to keep people in debt. I hope that system will find its demise in the next couple decades.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Interesting to see answers here. Maybe I should have had a different kind of poll asking what the INGO group thinks of credit scores. I agree that it is a bad system that only rewards debt and needs to be eliminated. What does a guy do that wants to get a mortgage on his first home but has never had any debt or credit cards because he thinks they are junk? I saw your idea RCB to start out small but unfortunately that sometimes is not an option.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Per Dave Ramsey your "credit score" should be ZERO! The formula for a high credit score is based on your ability to maintain debt and pay interest on that debt. The longer you maintain debt in good standing by paying for it via on time payments on the interest rate the higher your credit score goes over time! As such you want a ZERO credit score to be out of this viscous cycle which the system wants to keep you in.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Outside of a mortgage, I haven't paid interest in 10 years. I use my cards but I always pay them off.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Outside of a mortgage, I haven't paid interest in 10 years. I use my cards but I always pay them off.

Yours is the perfect situation Bro!
    We have stayed this way for as long as I can remember, although we did take advantage of the extremely low home mortgage rates this past year and refinanced getting our rate down to 4.35% on a 15 year fixed mortgage. :)

One thing never to do is to call a company and ask to close your credit card account. Credit accounts will automatically go dormant on there own. Canceling a card, actually lowers your credit score.

TK :ingo:

Top Bottom