What's your favorite firearm and caliber you have shot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    .375 Ruger Alaskan - you know you're shooting a 'real' gun, but it is NOT nearly as unpleasant as a .12 ga breakopen 'slug' gun.

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Of all the things I have shot, the M1 Carbine in .30 Carbine takes the cake with regard to the pleasant/power ratio. Just enough recoil to know it's there, but with enough power to be effective at any range I would use irons.

Octomonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Markle
    Yugo M48 Mauser in 8mm. It's not the biggest caliber out there, or the prettiest gun, but it is a solid and straight shooter with a heck of a punch. I can't help but grin every time I shoot it.

Yes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    For me, it's my Savage 93r17 .17hmr. It has a heavy barrel and an accutrigger, and it's just so easy. Regular groups smaller than 3/4" at 100yds in low wind conditions.

I once owned an AK-47. Had to sell it due to money issues, but man...there is nothing quite like emptying a 40rd magazine through one of those.

Sometime in the next few months I'll be able to shoot an M14 NM and a m1 garand NM. My GF's father has them and says he's going to take them out soon. Waiting for him to heal up from surgery. The garand has a really nice scope and it's mounted high enough to still be able to use the irons. Needless to say I'm excited, and my opinions may change following that next outing.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I love my Marlin 39 A. With a Leupold scope and CCI Mini-mags it is deadly accurate. And even better, while we were dirt poor, my wife scrimped and saved to buy it for our first anniversary 30 yrs. ago.

lumpagus1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Ossian
    Well I'm glad I didn't read this one in anyones posts. Favorite Weapon I've ever shot was an MP7 (yes I actually have shot one, I know it's restricted to Military and LE only but while I was in Norway helping the Royal Norwegian Air Force, they allowed us to shoot all of their weapons: G3, .308 Bolt Action Rifle, MP5, Glock 17, MP7, MG3, M230). It also just so happens that my favorite round to shoot was out of an MP7...the 4.6 x 30mm.

Last edited:

FordBronco

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Hartsville
    While I enjoy the 45LC and 45acp guns in the stable, and have had a ball with the 30'06, 30 carbine and even .22s...

... for the best "on the range smile" try something in black powder (I shoot my Ruger Old Army). Nothing like it, the sight and the sound (and the smell too) of black powder sending those lead balls down range to a steel spinner and watching the spinner go (that is when you can see it through the smoke!)

If you have not tried it you owe it to yourself to try it at least once!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My absolute most fun gun I have and shoot is my Ruger MKII 10" target. 5 magazines and so cheap to shoot. Heck, last time I went to the range, I shot 888 rounds.

Exo594

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    A list of ALL the guns I've shot, and the time spent on them:
    .22, .117 or .177 breaker pellet guns. 2 Weeks, at least 2 hours a day, almost every day during those 2 weeks. These were the guns I learned to shoot on, and zero sights on. Got 5 cans around 50 yds with a scope, infinitely more on a shovel at 40? yards.
    .22 Bolt. Got about 5 min.s, only 10 rounds. Fun though.
    .223 AR-15. Got about 5 min.s, only 10 rounds. Fun but gassy.

I'd say I had the most fun with the pellet guns.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    when it comes down to it and I'm going to grab a gun out of the safe to just go have fun just in the back yard or out with the kids, it Has to be the 22lr
    best gun
    pistol S&W 41, can't tell you what a pleasure that is to shoot
    Rifle is toss up between 10/22 and S&W MP22

But I tell you another addition to this is the 22lr Suppressor, it is so pleasant to shoot without ears and not disturbing the countryside ( have to shoot my M&P 22 pistol not the 41 for the pistol suppressed) I'm really suprised how much the supressor has made shooting more enjoyable

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    I had a TC Contender with the .45LC/.410 10" barrel. I worked up a load for .45LC using H110/260gr JHP that had to have been approaching or exceeding 44mag velocities and pressures. The brass looked fine with no excessive pressure signs. Shooting that thing offhand was a real "kick." The sound and concussion were equally as impressive...:):

Top Bottom