Whats your favorite food you eat as a kid and still eat today ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    LOL, I still eat beanie weinies too, cambell's bean & bacon soup and chopped up hotdog warm on the stove then eat as is or make a grilled cheese with it.... Mmmm Mmmmm Good ..... Its a little diffrent then yours but still yummie !

Yes, I think I like the grilled sandwich addition. Sounds like it's time to whip up a pail right now.

bluzfan66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Switzerland Co, IN
    This

DSCF1887.jpg

DSCF1886.jpg

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Angel biscuits and chicken and dumplings. My granny made them and taught me how to make them, mine aren't nearly as good as hers but I keep trying.

A quick meal: grilled hot dogs and some ruffles.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Turkey lunch meat rolled up with spicy brown mustard inside. Mmm...

I don't eat it anymore, but I used to love making bologna, cheese, mayo, and peanut butter sandwiches as a kid. Yes, all on one sandwich. No, the peanut butter and mayo cannot be touching. I'm odd.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    We used to eat that once in a while too, but mom usually made it herself. It was a "treat" to get it already made from D&R.

We had a sitter when I was a kid that would make that crap and tell us to eat or get our azzes beat....I opted for the beating every time.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Chipped Beef gravy over toast, or, SOAS. We'd have it over biscuits if we wanted to be big city.:): I've tried making it, but have never got it close to the way Mom made it.

Chipped beef is that dried beef that Armor makes in those little glass jars, needs no refrigeration. Heat iron skillet...put in several spoons full of bacon grease, lard, crisco, or veg oil....once that melts, put in the dried beef (chop it up first)....fry that for a couple of minutes...sprinkle in about 1/4 cup of so of all purpose flour...stir it into the grease and meat mixture until all the lumps are gone...add a little more oil if necessary...once the oil, meat, and flour is cooked and mixed start adding milk to the skillet....a little bit at a time....stirring while adding the milk.....salt and pepper to taste. Serve on anything.

If you add too much milk and get it too thin, you can put some flour in a cup, add just enough milk to stir it up to a runny mixture. Bring the pan to slow boil and add the extra milk/flour mixture.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom