• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    There are certain speeches I have seen in the past that stay with me.

Al Pacinos "Sympathy for the Devil Speech" from that movie with Keanu Reeves. "Scent of a Woman" also comes to mind.

Robert Deniro holding an egg and talking about the human soul in "Angel Heart" also comes to mind.

Here is my favorite...Old fashioned I know. You gotta love some willie shakespeare...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDZVxbrW7Ow

Here is Pacinos "Sympathy for the Devil" Speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8KTFQ23CWY

"Who in their right mind can deny that the 20th century was all mine??" Funny as well...Hell.

Any other favorites and post a link if you can find the speech online.

Last edited:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    This is my favorite. I know its not a speech but
    ]

I think that is the only scene (until the end) that they are in together. You're right. Just two guys talking about work without talking about work. It's perfect.
    It's also the first scene in any movie they were in together... Little bit of trivia.. In the Godfather movie, they weren't actually in the same scene, it was shot from behind them so they could use stand ins.. scheduling prevented it. So heat is actually the first movie they were IN together.

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    The obvious one.....

Ezekiel 25:17

http://youtu.be/UmvnXKRfdb8

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee

Z71Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm not sure if it qualifies as a speech, but it's something that's always in the back of my mind.

Rocky Balboa: "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you!"

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Robert Duvall in Apocalypse Now ( that smell that gasoline smell... it smells like ...Victory)
    Samuel Jackson in Deep Blue Sea ....then a shark eats him before he can finish

Top Bottom