• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I have been collecting and trading Ruger 10/22's for years. I presently own a little over 20. I have some that are 100% original because they are from the 60's, I have some that have custom painted stocks, some that have upgraded parts, some with different plastic stocks, and so on and so on.
    First decide what look you may what because the build can be endless and pricey. I spend a lot of time looking at all the different builds on RimfireCentral.com to get ideas for what I want to build.
    I prefer that old Walnut stocks from the 60's and early 70's for most. I really like the ATI Strikeforce stock for my grandkids because it has an adjustable stock so it grows with them like and AR. I have a few custom Magazine releases but also use the factory extended ones. I have just started using the new BX Trigger so that I can do a drop in cheap trigger job. This way I don't have to tie up my time doing the trigger job or send it off and wait for it to come back.
    I am in the process of building my most exspensive build I have ever done.

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    I am in the process of building my most exspensive build I have ever done.

Any chance I can convince you to share your plans for that build? Genuinely curious. Are you going with Kidd everything, mix and match, custom? How did you choose the pieces? What was the benefit of doing it piece-meal on your own over, say, the kidd $1700 "supergrade sporter"?

hondaCBR

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Indiana
    Wondering if there is any mods being made for the takedown 10/22? Is there anyone that wants to post pics of what's on their takedown 10/22? I want to put an optic on mine and still be able to fit in its takedown bag. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I have a Boyds stock, it was 100$
    EW Shaw barrel, 16" I think, also around 100$ (maybe 125?)
    I have some Volquartsen trigger parts, some not and had a heck of a time getting it to cycle... its been too long, I can't remember whaty issues were, but its light, crisp and reliable now.
    HTA guardian suppressor.

I'm very happy with mine, wouldn't do anything different!... though I'd like another one...

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I have ordered an aluminum stock from a place in California, a bx trigger, an agp takedown barrel kit, Magpul stock, Burris scope and red dot mounts for starters

deseag007

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    Lawrence (Indy)
    Thanks for all the suggestions ... I am definitely going to upgrade the trigger and the release. I am also going to go with an adjustable stock for the boys so they are comfortable shooting as well.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Not to thread jack, but can someone explain the advantages or disadvantages to the bolt hold open modification? 10/22 newly here.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not to thread jack, but can someone explain the advantages or disadvantages to the bolt hold open modification? 10/22 newly here.

After modification you can simply pull the bolt handle back to release the bolt and allow it to close on a fresh magazine without having to manipulate the release switch.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    After modification you can simply pull the bolt handle back to release the bolt and allow it to close on a fresh magazine without having to manipulate the release switch.

And the stock button manipulation isnt intuitive. Its not a simple button push. You have to manipulate it up and back, and sometimes it just doesnt want to unlock.

Top Bottom