What's your most recent build, or the most interesting build you've ever done?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dulla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    NWI
    Putting together my first full sized AR since only pistols were legal in Chicago. Just waiting on my 80% lower, parts kit and jig from 5dtatical.com

I was originally planning on using a 308 upper but I decided to go with 6.5 Creedmoor.

Wasn't planning on posting anything until I was finished putting it together but I needed to get a rough length measurement this morning and I couldn't help laying everything out to see if I need anything else.

Brought the upper and scope from acmemachine.com. Never purchased from them before but since they're located in Fort Wayne I figured I'd give them a shot.

Upper - https://www.acmemachine.com/compone...-23447176&mc_cid=ed8156b725&mc_eid=4beb77bd84

Scope - https://www.acmemachine.com/optics-...-23447176&mc_cid=ed8156b725&mc_eid=4beb77bd84

Going to use a Geissele 2-Stage (G2S) trigger instead of the one included in the lower parts kit and a ERGO Tactical Deluxe Sure Grip Pistol Grip AR-15 Overmolded Rubber.

Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet (obviously) but the fit and finish on the upper and scope are good so I can't wait.

F10Wnta.jpg

CMr1dJP.jpg

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Wife's new Grill yesterday, was my most recent build, should have some nice steaks on it soon.

We invested in a Broil King, all stainless, grill earlier this summer...it's freakin' awesome and has the best 'even-cooking' (aka, heat distribution) I've ever experience over an open flame!
    We did some thick burgers first, then followed up with some T-Bones + backed potatoes and then dry-cooked the vegetables on a flat grill on top...yum, yum!

JRR85

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    Built an M1A from a CMP A parts kit and a Bula Defense barreled receiver. It also came with a head spaced bolt. It took the better part of a Saturday, but learned a lot. YouTube is your friend!

Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    Wouldn't necessarily say that any of these are "interesting" but I sure enjoyed building them and continue to enjoy shooting them!

This was the first rifle that I ever bought when I was about 19 or 20 I think, it's a Remington 700LTR. At the time I was young and stupid so I mounted a moderately OK Leupold scope on it using **** rings and wondered why I could never get it zeroed. It sat in that state until I was about 26 or 27 when my buddy asked if I was interested in doing a long range shooting class which was exactly the excuse I needed to overhaul my poor 700. It got a Seekins 20moa base rail, Bushnell ERS 3.5-21x50mm glass w/ Seekins rings, barrel was threaded by a local smith to accept a SilencerCo SpecWar 7.62 brake, CDI detachable bottom metal installed by CDI Precision in Florida, Timney 510 Trigger, and a Badger Ordnance bolt knob. Rifle shoots well better than I do, was I was able to take it confidently out to 700yrds during this class using Federal 175gr Sierra Match King .308 ammo.
    16880696_4038705163200_1941134179_o (2019_09_24 05_37_59 UTC).jpg

The fall after I built my bolt rifle I got the itch to build an AR, I won't bore everyone with the full build list but it's base is a Spikes Tactical upper and lower with a Faxon flame fluted barrel in 5.56, feel free to ask questions on specifics.
    29034_928347.jpg

My most recent build has been this CZ P10c. I wanted a pistol I could most a RDS too which started as wanting a FN 509 when they were released but I figured it'd be easier to by a "base" or non-red dot ready pistol and sent the slide to have it milled for my specific red dot (Trijicon RMR type2). The slide milling was done by Jagerwerks in Michigan, I had the slide back exactly 1 week to the day from when I shipped it, absolutely insane turn around time, trigger and spring kit is from HB Industries and the threaded barrel/compensator are from Primary Machine, and the magazine extensions are obviously from Hyve. All that's left for it is to get a Surefire X300-U and a good grip stippling.
    100083370_263082851478332_1059754481316528128_n.jpg

Top Bottom