• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SockMonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Got lots to do, but don't feel up to doing any of it? I feel that way on a daily basis. I'm motivated when completing tasks is a joint effort...My hubby washes dishes and I dry, etc. But that's not usually possible any more, so I'm looking for more ideas to keep motivated. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    My motivation comes in a cup.

silvia+rocky.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just curious, what sort of things do you feel like you should be doing that you're not? Lack of interest in activities could be a sign of depression. You doing OK otherwise?

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Lots of motivations. my little one mainly but I have lots of goals long and short term that I'm working towards that help motivate me. Have you set any goals or done any exercise recently? When I don't exercise I get down in the dumps.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I was extremely motivated all growing up, then when I moved back from AZ to IN in 2008 I become a lot less motivated. I spent most nights out drinking and partying and didnt get much done other than that.

Since then I have got married, have a son and another child on the way those three are my motivation every day!!

I have found that the best way to help motivate yourself is to get up early, have a glass of water do something physical before getting in the shower.
    When I started doing this I have found my whole attitude boost, my days are much more productive and I am doing better for my family. Force yourself to start your day off right and your will finish right every day.

You create your own luck every day by putting yourself in situations to succeed

SockMonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Just curious, what sort of things do you feel like you should be doing that you're not? Lack of interest in activities could be a sign of depression. You doing OK otherwise?

The things I should be doing and don't are general cleaning things. We all just seem to make piles of stuff instead of putting it where it belongs or just getting rid of it (not gross trash, just receipts, junk mail, etc). I have a reason to have piles of stuff in our kitchen. We have a cabinet (not built in) that is literally falling apart, but the one we bought to replace it got water damaged and we haven't yet figured out how to fix it. But the rest of it: Yeah, I'm just being lazy and procrastinating.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I don't have any motivation anymore. I do things because they need done and no one else will do them. And the things that I used to enjoy doing, I do now cause I feel like I should enjoy doing them. But I don't.

Jason

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    I have found that the best way to help motivate yourself is to get up early, have a glass of water do something physical before getting in the shower.
    When I started doing this I have found my whole attitude boost, my days are much more productive and I am doing better for my family. Force yourself to start your day off right and your will finish right every day.

best advice right here. drinking more water (especially early) will wake your brain up. and some form of exercise/activity boosts your endorphin's, which WILL make you feel better. feeling good is step one to anything and everything.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    We have three kids under 5 years old. I get motivated for laundry because we can never keep up and I'm constantly scrounging for clean socks etc. I get motivated for dishes when I've just unloaded the thing again and still don' have enough clean bottles in the house for whatever child is making noise at the time. In the very rare moments where the kids are asleep and we're getting the chance to relax a bit, we sit and talk. Life gets exhausting, but ultimately the thing the motivates me the most is the thought that 10 years from now, I'll miss these days and wish I could have them back more than anything else in the world.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I have a great way to get motivated that requires a minimal amount of effort or commitment. Unfortunately though i do not feel like telling you about it right now.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    When doing chores... NO TV, just music. I find myself in a slump sometimes, not wanting to tackle the everyday menial tasks. But as someone who has always loved music, I use it to motivate me. Turn off the distraction tube (TV) & crank that stereo. I find that my favorite music helps me to stay focused on the task & keeps me motivated.

Top Bottom