• ...and so much more!
  • HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I'm thinking a 3" revolver in 357 Magnum.. Ruger or S&W
    Just have to wait & see what I come across after my wife rapes the coffer = Nothing left again.. Thanks!!
    Hope you like you're new coat dear!!

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Ruger RedHawk 8 shot .357 4.2" barrel.

I like your style!

I think my next revo will either be a S&W 625 (since I'm now shooting and loading a lot more .45), or a small .357 or .327 revolver -- maybe a J-frame or a sp101 or LCR.
    ... ooh, and a lightweight commander 1911
    ...ooh, and a 10mm something

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I’m hoping Santa brings me a Colt 1911 in God’s caliber .45 acp., of course. Blued high polish, walnut grips with Colt medallion, full sized with match barrel. Please Santa- I’m feeling lucky- make my day!!!

caulfieldian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    West of Indy
    I really would like a 1911 in 10mm.

That being said, Walmart sold me (and I didn't double check after I told them what I wanted) a box of pdx-1's in 45 colt so I probably have to buy a ruger vaquero first.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    I will be getting an R1 Enhanced in 9mm around 2nd quarter. My youngest is named Remington, so i want to get a good handgun from them to use through the years and hand down to him.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My next handgun is a custom 1 off 1911 hand built in 10mm.
    Comped barrel stainless slide with black frame and stainless controls.

I was tempted by the new Springer 5" 1911 in 10mm but I would just put $500+ into it in Mods from the get go and be seriously close to what the parts costs are for this custom. Put some labor on this and Bingo.......One seriously Bad A$$ custom by AllenM.
    I love doing my own work but on a full custom it is best left to he who has all the proper tooling for such things.

Last edited:

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    A Colt CCO has been on my radar for a long time. Should carry better than my full size Kimber. I know some people will balk, but I’ve never been less than thoroughly impressed with a Colt product.

JRR85

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    A Sig P220 in 10mm. The stainless steel version. I have been eyeing one for a couple years now. I think this year I will finally buy one.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    I have been looking at Ruger lightweight commander for a good long while. I was bit last year by the AR bug and have spent a little to much on them lately. Right after my current 300 build I will be looking to get my Ruger...

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Santa came a few days late but he did drop off that new Colt 1911 I previously wished for on this thread. I am a very happy camper.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    In no particular order, with hyperlinks to tempt fellow INGOers:

Springfield RO 9mm: I'm not invested in 45 ACP, so I want to stick with a caliber I would use.

I'm also considering the RIA TAC Ultra MS in 10mm but can't convince myself it's not going to fall apart. I know Rock Island is getting much better, but 10mm full power loads in a 1911 is a lot and I'm afraid it won't last.

I'm hoping to find a good condition Ruger Security or Speed six that is blued, in a 4" barrel, but it feels like a long shot. I love the more traditional look, but the back up plan is the GP100.

Kahr K9 or Kahr T9. There's just something about the Kahr full steel offerings that get me.

Last is a PAP M92 pistol. I bought one and regrettably sold it. I tried to figure out who I sold it to in case they were interested in a buy back but I lost the contact info.

One year and many purchases later, I only went 1 for 6, and traded the one I got. I suffer from shiny object syndrome.

I really need a 1911 this year, or...something.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    My next up on my wish list was another 1911, so I bought a Sig Tacops on a whim. It is very accurate, but it doesn't have the same appeal to me that my Colts do. So, I'm thinking about selling it and buying a Colt 1911 like I should have done in the first place. So a 1911 is back on my list.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    One year and many purchases later, I only went 1 for 6, and traded the one I got. I suffer from shiny object syndrome.
    This makes me wonder if there should be a twist to this thread, or a different one, about unexpected purchases in 2017 that were NOT on our lists, but turned out to be surprisingly good. I've been after a CZ PCR for what seems like forever, always a day late when one appears in the wild. This hunt continues into 2018.

This year (I mean 2017) I picked up a Springfield XDE, the subcompact hammer-fired 9mm. I shot it well enough, and for the short time I had it, it was flawless and very accurate. But it wasn't for me, not at all. That relationship didn't last long. I dunno... something about hammer-fired polymer guns doesn't seem right to me.

Not long after, I picked up an HK P30SK V3. This gun turned out to be unexpectedly awesome! It carries well, shoots lights-out, and with the configurable grip pannels and back strap options, it fits my hand almost as well as a CZ. LOVE this gun which was not on my list, it's been a very pleasant surprise for another polymer with a hammer.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom