• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    .30 cal can for me. Looking at Dead Air. Anyone have experience with the Sandman K or S?

I've got both of them. Shoot me a DM if you like, otherwise I can post here too so anyone else who may be interested can alway see it. What are you thinking with them?

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Kinda want a sxs sbs, but can't really justify it in any way... And that's not something I normally have a tough time with. :)
    Other than that, another form 1 can. I kinda want one that slips back over the barrel (forget the term, OTB?). Really don't need that either though. I probably won't make a purchase for a while.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I have the centerfire rifle can covered and the .22 can covered. No desire for pistol can. Have an sbr. Only things on my wishlist (within the realm of possibility) is a F1 M79 (on the someday list, likely won't happen until I retire and have the time) and a F1 integrally suppressed lever-action 22. I have the lever-action 22 host, just have to file the paperwork and make it...

pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    I'm guessing a 96/22? I'd really like to see how that turns out.
    I have the centerfire rifle can covered and the .22 can covered. No desire for pistol can. Have an sbr. Only things on my wishlist (within the realm of possibility) is a F1 M79 (on the someday list, likely won't happen until I retire and have the time) and a F1 integrally suppressed lever-action 22. I have the lever-action 22 host, just have to file the paperwork and make it...

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I'm guessing a 96/22? I'd really like to see how that turns out.
    You had a 50/50 shot and you blew it. Actually a 33/33/33 shot but nobody in their right mind would consider the Remington Nylon 76 a realistic option.

Marlin 56... there is just something about a blued steel receiver and beautiful walnut stock (generally the best walnut is only found on 1st year 56/57 models like mine) that was made in the 50s... when craftsmanship still existed in mass-produced items...

Plus, the 96/22s are bringing outrageous amounts of money because they are "plug & play" for guys that don't have the ability to go above that level. IIRC only minor modification needed to fit a 10/22 stock to a 96/22 so all the folks that can't do their own smithing and stock-making are buying the 96/22s no matter what it cost. Recent gunbroker prices have them close to breaking $1000 on a gun that originally had an MSRP under $300 less than 20 years ago.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I think I'll go for a .30 can for my 308's. Always like my machine guns, nothing beats a Thompson SMG, but I also want to put a can on my 308 AR.
    Now, to think about moving the Reising and get another ???.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Working on a couple of SBR projects. One is an AR lower, so I can swap uppers in and out. The other is a bolt action 300. Yes, a bolt action SBR. Quiet is everything. I'm making the barrel out of a 16" AR one, going to cut it back of the gas port and thread it for the suppressor. I'm hoping I don't have to get too exotic with the threads for the receiver. This one is for quiet short range use at night. Someday, it'll get a thermal imaging scope.

Top Bottom