GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I start with gunwatcher.com for all of my searches. The only brick and mortar store close to me anymore isn't much of a choice unless you like paying MSRP for everything. I get friendlier service from a faceless internet site than them.

Something's up with GunWatcher I think. I've noticed recently it doesn't return as many stores as it used to.

Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    I start with gunwatcher.com for all of my searches. The only brick and mortar store close to me anymore isn't much of a choice unless you like paying MSRP for everything. I get friendlier service from a faceless internet site than them.

There are at least three lgs's within ten miles of there that are reasonable without dealing with good ole Dave.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I start with gun.deals (yes, that's a real domain and web site) and one of the places I've done business with in the past is usually near the top. If there's a big cost difference, I do some research to see if the place is a sham to the best of my abilities before risking an order. So far, so good and I've got a good number of sites I'm willing to do repeat business with, now.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I usually wait a few years on new pistols. Then I watch Armslist for some one local to deal with.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    The only guns I'll buy on line are Mil. Surplus. I've gotten the best overall service, and guns, from J&G Sales and Classic Firearms.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Never ever ever buy one on line for me. I need to see, fondle etc before I bring it home.
    Fairly well hooked up locally so any money I might save on line is a moot point when you throw in FFL's and waiting.

Brownells, EGW. Midway USA, Bravo and a few others for my parts and other needs.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The only website I can add 4 pages in on the topic is that I go to A&A Optics so any scopes I may need or want.

Also, regarding Cheaperthandirt..... I used to buy a lot from them, and I mean a lot. When the scarcity hit, they made a free market choice and that's fine. I have also made a free market choice to support other companies that didn't break a shaft off in the customers who built that business. I'll never spend another dollar with them, even when it costs me more to buy from others.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Cheaperthandirt.com has the best prices on just about everything except ammo.

You really ought to do more comparison shopping if you think that. They are hit and miss as far as prices sometimes cheaper sometimes as much as 30% more or higher. Then the shipping is the icing on the cake they do not offer free shipping and have some of the most outrageous shipping prices I've ever seen. Seriously Midway USA, Primary Arms, Copper Custom, Tombstone Tactical, lots of other places with better prices consistently and free shipping options. Oh and also **** them price gouging Pices of ****

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    How long before they ship to you??
    I'm finding they are quick to charge, slow to ship, and boilerplate excuses why not. I just wonder if they really have live inventory.

I've used Grab-a-Gun probably have a dozen times. Three times for guns and the rest were some accessories. It seems to me very dependent on what warehouse they ship the product from. If you pay attention their "store" is in Coppell, Texas but the last order I made from them shipped out of Illinois the time before that it came from Tennessee. Which leads me to believe they are a middle man for most of their on-line inventory selling for a warehouse in another state.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have been using Atterbury's Gallery of Guns online store lately for new gun prices. I have only used it once. You pay 25% online and then pay the balance + tax when you pick it up at Atterbury. I haven't seen lower prices for the guns I have looked at. Took about 3 days I think.

About Us at gunstores.net alleryofguns.com davidson's Firearms Wholesaler ? Firearms Distributor ? Gun Wholesaler ? Gun Distributor

Yes, Atterbury and Columbus Pawn generally have the best prices on GoG within 100 miles of me (Indianapolis). Sometimes it's only a few bucks, but they both always seem to be on the lowest end.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I like Four Winds Technology, I just bought this a month ago for $302 shipped: https://www.fwtguns.com/s-w-m-p15-22-22lr-16-25rd-blk-thrd

gun.deals (aka slickguns.com) is my goto for UPC searches and I often start here when I have something in mind.

Gallery of Guns, gunbuyer, Buds, MidwayUSA, INGO of course, USDS (my lgs, website is better now).

LuckyGunner for their ballistics tests on ammo, that is some great comparison info. I buy a few boxes of ammo from them a year just to support all their published info. Their ammo prices are not usually the best but are usually ok.

Top Bottom