Mar 1, 2009
    attachment.php

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Here's my latest blued beauty, a 19-5 that I recently bought from another INGO member. Beautiful gun, bore is excellent, and blueing can wait quite a while before it needs refinished. Once I got it home, I took it apart, thoroughly cleaned the cylinder + face, barrel, forcing cone, and crane. Took the sideplate off to inspect, clean, and lightly lube. Also replaced the small flathead sideplate screw that's covered by the grips with a new S&W OEM screw, as head was a little rough. I also replaced the original Magna grips (which are in amazing condition) with these new Altamonts with the S&W medallion inserts. The trigger is wonderful, glides with a linear pull like it's on hydraulics. Just love how it turned out, and will be taking it to the range to gobble some ammo very soon...

IMG_2603_zps1mywh7cw.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    The year was 2001 not long after the terrorist attacks. I found myself at the LGS. I had a Smith 357 4" stainless (don't recall exact model) in one hand and a Beretta 96 in the other. No regrets went with the 96, but often wonder how different my collection would be today if I had went with the Smith. Right now I have a 642, and some Turkish 22 revolver (got for 50 bucks) and really enjoy both. Probably get that 357 one day.

Top Bottom