• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    circa 1889. .45LC At some point the grip strap was renickeled. Lettered as nickel with ivory grips shipped to St. Louis. Gun had no grips when I got it. Those pictured are elephant ivory replacements from the 1950's.

dsc000579qb.jpg

circa 1892, .32 w.c.f. Lettered blue with ivory grips. Shipped to Trinidad Colorado.

dsc00051um2.jpg

circa 1901 .38 w.c.f., Lettered blue / hard rubber grips, shipped to Laramie.

dsc00055zd3.jpg

circa 1881 .41 LC, Lettered blue / hard rubber grips, shipped to Denver.

dsc00049cb2.jpg

VERY cool! :yesway: Thanks for posting!

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    picture.php

picture.php

Ok....so it is definitely not fancy....but it's my very first and it felt oh-so-right! My favorite part was when the old timer at the gun shop (who thought he was being quiet, but was not) asked the sales guy if I was buying the small caliber that was in the case! LOL! No, I was NOT buying the small caliber! :) Rossi 971 (Don't flame my bargain basement revolver....You'd be raining on my parade if you did.)

Last edited:

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I have heard a Rossi is a good shooter. I've never shot one but have considered picking one up. Looks good.

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Thanks! I have not shot it yet, but will post when I do. I a total newb so don't expect a full range report! I just use .38 specials in it for now until I'm more comfortable shooting in general. I've been dry firing it and I like the feel of the gun. It is a little heavy but not so much that it makes my hands cramp. So, I think that was the right balance and weight I need to get comfortable. I signed up for the NRA basic class and that starts in March. I should be able to make a more intelligent summary about my Rossi after that.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Thats a fine pistol to start with. It will go bang and you will have fun. The fact that you have already signed up for a class is wonderful. As you progress you will find more and more guns that spark your interest. But that gun even if you replace it will always be special because it was your first. Oh yeah, Welcome to INGO.

Thanks! I have not shot it yet, but will post when I do. I a total newb so don't expect a full range report! I just use .38 specials in it for now until I'm more comfortable shooting in general. I've been dry firing it and I like the feel of the gun. It is a little heavy but not so much that it makes my hands cramp. So, I think that was the right balance and weight I need to get comfortable. I signed up for the NRA basic class and that starts in March. I should be able to make a more intelligent summary about my Rossi after that.

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    I'm already trying to figure out which 1911 I want! LOL! A man at the range let me shoot his .45 colt 1911----mmmm super nice! and he had this mini colt 1911 (i forgot what it was called) and he let me shoot that too.....ya, that's the next gun for me...oh sigh!

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Range Report Rossi 971

Ok, here is how it went:

it went bang.....

.....i had fun......

Well, what the F did you expect?? I'm a newb! I'm just glad I didn't shoot the walls or floor or ceiling :)

The recoil is not intimidating, I just need to work on grip and pulling the trigger smoothly. Any tips?

So far, I hit in the general area where I aim....generally.....

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I dont have any snubbies but I wanna show off my wheel guns this is minus my nagant revolver its coming in the mail:)

This is my S&W 28-2 (Highway Patrolman) 3 inch 357 mag
    2s1q3oj.jpg

S&W 29-2 44 mag 8 3/8 barrel coco bola grips
    289x1rn.jpg

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Here's my NEW Smith bodyguard.
    6O6L1WA

My trusty model 64.
    zUDYmBQ

And the peace officer's dream in stainless, model 66.
    cNmYsop

And here's all three
    owDynjD

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Here's an oldie form the safe. Colt Lightning, 38 Colt, serial number dates to 1903 All original. Belonged to my wife's grandfather, undersheriff of Creek County, Oklahoma when that state entered the union.
    GunPicsJuly2010004.jpg
    Here's a pre-10 dating from 1936, got it form the family in a private sale.
    GunPicsJuly2010017.jpg

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Here's the sidearm that sits on the headboard of my bed. S&W 38 Spec, Mod 12 The Mrs. carries a S&W 38 Spec- 442. She like it.

picture.php
    Took her out for a "spin" today with my buddy chrisheacock. Think he liked her. HA! 3 dudes, 4 sidearms (One was this awesome 44), 2 carbines, & a shotgun. Doesn't get much better than that. HA! :rockwoot:

Note: Don't know for sure, but I'm a thinkin that Chris enjoyed my XD 9 as much or more than his Glock. Hehe.

Top Bottom