• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    1904 1877 Colt lightning DA 38.....came from Colt blued at sometime it was nickeled.....

l4K0zEv.jpg

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Boogieman - tell me how that FN handles. I don't see these come up often, and I don't think FNH made them for very long. FN has never struck me as taking short cuts or making sub-par products by ANY means, hoping to hear it shoots as good as it looks! I saw one linger on Arm$li$t for a while at a really good price, but couldn't justify it with having a 4" S&W 19-5 that I don't shoot often enough. And I still kind of regret that I talked myself out of making a move on it.

Good Lord, it looks like you just bought it brand-new from your LGS.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    There is nothing, I mean NOTHING in this world that has greater utility than a K-frame revolver. One of these will handle just about anything you need a firearm for. To me the apex for carry and combat is the Model 65-5 Ladysmith. Bead blast finish, 3" barrel, fixed sights and a full length ejector shroud. The trigger is incredible, smooth and not too heavy, with a crisp light SA pull. Only thing I would change is the grips. I like the Eagle Secret Service style for revolvers and have a set on another 3" 65 that I shoot more often.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    There is nothing, I mean NOTHING in this world that has greater utility than a K-frame revolver. One of these will handle just about anything you need a firearm for. To me the apex for carry and combat is the Model 65-5 Ladysmith. Bead blast finish, 3" barrel, fixed sights and a full length ejector shroud. The trigger is incredible, smooth and not too heavy, with a crisp light SA pull. Only thing I would change is the grips. I like the Eagle Secret Service style for revolvers and have a set on another 3" 65 that I shoot more often.

You get me Snorko.....The K frame is perfection....In 3 inch barrel it's perfection squared...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    i haven't time yet but it seems to function just fine....:)

I've had good luck with mine going the 38 special 148 grain HBWC route with soft lead. A friend told me that I wouldn't get any better results using the heeled bullets in 38 Long Colt and they are a lot more work. Guys on the Colt forum confirmed that, one said he made a box of heeled 38 Long Colts, shot a few, then went back to the 38 Special HBWC.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I've had good luck with mine going the 38 special 148 grain HBWC route with soft lead. A friend told me that I wouldn't get any better results using the heeled bullets in 38 Long Colt and they are a lot more work. Guys on the Colt forum confirmed that, one said he made a box of heeled 38 Long Colts, shot a few, then went back to the 38 Special HBWC.

do you to shave some off the casings?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    do you to shave some off the casings?

No, I load them straight up. You just need a shot of Bullseye or something fast to bump up the soft lead skirt. There's good info scattered around the web on this, unfortunately it's not as easy with the 41.

Top Bottom