• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Was told sambar when I bought it, I've got an elk gripped gun, the material looks whiter.

There's a guy on the S&W forum that is making elk stag grips with no bark and I swear they look like ivory....I have been tempted to get a pair for my Ruger New Vaquero Birdshead 3.5 45 ACP for a while now.....Here is a pic of a couple "no bark" from Grashorn on the S&W forum....

I love them long time...Me so antlery...Me so antlery....

29756d1395009461-stag-grips-ok-stocks-dscn4905.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have had a hankering for one of these S&W Terrier's in .38 S&W for awhile and I picked up this little jewel last week...There was a burr on the crown where it may have been dropped...I hand polished it with a fine stone and got it out...Surprisingly accurate...I have got a small 8 inch steel target and I put all five in it D/A at 20 yards as fast as I could pull the trigger...It's in 38 S&W (not to be confused with .38 special) and is a fun little gun to shoot...It's about a 1950 I believe...Improved I frame...I since put some very cheesy (which means I love them) plastic fake jigged bone grips on her. She would look right at home in a B&W 1950's film noir detective film...The 38 S&W as loaded is very anemic due to ammo manufacturers loading a load that would be safe in the many top breaks made for this round...Buffalo Bore has come out with some ammo that is good to go in all swing out cylinder .38 S&W's along with the Webley Top Breaks, which Buffalo Bore says are more than tough enough for the new loads...I may pick some up and carry this one day if only to aggravate BBI....I got a real nice vintage Stetson fedora that would go good with this little jewel...

Here's the link for the Buffalo Bore ammo....

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=350

and a review....

GunGator's Gun Blog: Ammunition Review: Buffalo Bore .38 S&W Ammunition

Last edited:

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    the Terriors are sweet little guns . Is yours an "I" frame With leaf main spring, or the improved "I"frame with coil ? I sometimes carry mine in an ankle holster

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Kimber K6 in a DeSantis Mini Scabbard (sorry it's not classic or old-school like many of the others)...

No need to apologize good sir....You insinuate it's not "classic" or "old school" and I beg to differ...

dsc04523.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

GAAP-070500-M40-1.jpg

Nothing wrong with a modern incarnation of a classic design....Very nice revolver...Notice how the vintage blade doesn't look out of place with your weapon????

That makes it a classic...Thanks for posting...I love this thread...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Colt Police Positive 38 (in 38 S&W)...No leather yet...Looking for a beater vintage holster for her if anyone has one for sale...

And ya'll've seen this Smith model 19 before (but not since I got new grips)....This gun has been a grip dilemma for me...Someone duracoated it and try as I might I could not get any grips to look "right" on it...I tried fake ivory, fake pearl, factory targets, even (gasp!) Pachmyers but nothing clicked...And then someone traded in a vintage Model 15 in and these VZ grips were on it....I changed the grips out, took them home and put her on the Smith and danged if she don't look alright with them on her....

Top Bottom