When and How much was your first White Castle Slider?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    My very first White Castle Slider was in the fall 1985 and it was 19 cents. We drove down from Toronto Canada to get them after a girl (from Hammond, IN)who I was dating told me and my friends about them. I was hooked from the first bite!

Figures 26 years later I now live in the same area. Little bit of irony going on there.

So when was you first slider and how much did it cost?

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.

The first ones I can remember (they were probably feeding them to me when I was 2!) would be in about 1955 when I was 6 years old and they were ten cents at that time. :D

Sliders and fries were the only thing on the menu then. I don't think they even had a cheeseburger.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Dont remember the price, but ill never forget the taste. I stopped at the White Castle in Corydon 3 years ago and figured id give them a try. I think between me and my friend we ordered 8 or so. We each took one bite, looked at eachother, spit it out, threw the rest away, and left. It was his first time trying it too. I can honestly say I will never eat it again.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think they were 16 or 18 cents when I started working there in 1975 during High school. My Father in law retired from WC after nearly 40 years of service!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I honestly can't remember the first time I had one or the price (around 20 years ago), but I know I have been in love ever since!!!!! :D

Crave case FTW!!!! :rockwoot:

If only we had one in Fort Wayne :xmad: :(

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    My very first White Castle Slider was in the fall 1985 and it was 19 cents. We drove down from Toronto Canada to get them after a girl (from Hammond, IN)who I was dating told me and my friends about them. I was hooked from the first bite!

Figures 26 years later I now live in the same area. Little bit of irony going on there.

So when was you first slider and how much did it cost?

78 or so. .18 I think. I live in indiana now after meeting a girl too except I left Florida.:rolleyes:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County

They were 10 cents.

Stopped eating them about 15 years ago though. Stopped getting drunk about that time too though, so it would make sense. The only time I would ever eat them was in the middle of a bender. They are nasty.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Had my first one too in 85 or 86. Thought it was awful and haven't had one since.

They do have pretty good coffee though. When I'm on the road if I need to hit the can, I don't mind stopping at one for some coffee, just don't eat the food.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It was in the 70's near Calumet City, IL. 6 sliders and a small soft drink were less than a dollar. I was a tire installer in the Sears garage in the River Oaks shopping center making a little over $3 per hour.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    They were 10 cents.

I remember them at .12 Cents each. I grew up right around the corner from the White Castle on 119th/Indianapolis Blvd in Whiting. We used to walk there frequently.

Its not like I eat them very often, but I do get cravings!

I also remember gasoline at .26 Cents a Gallon and big V-8 engines that made the gas gauge drop a bit when you accelerated (and nobody cared about the price of gas).

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I was 10, on Amtrak from Chicago to STL, I had a few, never had them since. I don't remember the exact price, but it was .50-1.00 per package of 3.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    When I was a kid in the fifties, it was a treat to go to White Castle and share a sack of them in the car. In 1966 I was saving to get married and often for lunch I would get one burger and a coke for .26 cents. Sliders are either a love em or hate em food. I'm the only one in my family that really loves em. Whenever I get the chance, I have them for lunch.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    The first ones I bought myself were in the mid 70's. WC used to run a coupon in the Indianapolis News about once a month that offered 10 for $1.00. We'd stop there for lunch on our way to Central Nine, with coupons in hand. Yuuummmm Yuuummmmm My brother used to stop and buy a sack of WC's on his way home from work at night, and he'd leave them in the front seat so he could eat them in the morning on the way to school. They were especially tasty on a cold fall morning.

ghostpoint

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Hmmmm lets see had to be about summer 1977 I was about 6months, dad just came home from a hard days work at the railroad and walked into house and you could just smell those tasty delights as soon as he opened the door. I pulled back off my momma tit and was begging to him to let me taste just a little bite. I feel in love from that point on as the onion and savory burger just seems to melt in your mouth. ***At least that's the story I was told LOL

You either love them or hate, I don't think there is a middle ground at the WC Lounge.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I had ONE little bite of a FREE one when I was 6 or 7. A local car dealership was having a promotion of some kind. Mom took me out there to have a quick helicopter ride (just up and down a few hundred feet).

I'm 34 now and have never had another bite of a WC slider. No way, no how, no sir. That crap is nasty.

-J-

Top Bottom