• ...and so much more!
  • DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Wal-Mart tracking ammo purchases?

I haven't set foot in a Wal-Mart for a long time, but dropped in to purchase some 22LR Ammo last week.

The clerk ask for my Drivers license and punched my info into the computer. Questoned the clerk about showing my license and stated didn't think I would be buying anymore ammo from Wal-Mart.

His comment - "Sorry". Not much more he could say I guess.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Wal-Mart tracking ammo purchases?

I haven't set foot in a Wal-Mart for a long time, but dropped in to purchase some 22LR Ammo last week.

The clerk ask for my Drivers license and punched my info into the computer. Questoned the clerk about showing my license and stated didn't think I would be buying anymore ammo from Wal-Mart.

His comment - "Sorry". Not much more he could say I guess.

I think it is similar to their policy on buying alcohol. To complete the transaction they have to enter your DOB to ensure you are of legal age. I assume that is the same policy on the ammo.

bthomas

Marksman
    Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Winchester
    they just ask me to look at my license to verify my dob. As said earlier they are just simply inputting your dob into the computer, nothing else. where is the paranoid smilie?

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    They are REQUIRED to verify your age...that is all.

This. I don't get asked anymore because I just put my license on the top box when I'm checking out. Cashier gives me one of those "I know it's dumb but I have to" looks and I smile back.

No big deal to me. We live in a lawsuit happy world so a corporation as big as Walmart probably wants to make sure nobody underage is buying from them to protect their behind.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    they just ask me to look at my license to verify my dob. As said earlier they are just simply inputting your dob into the computer, nothing else. where is the paranoid smilie?
    I'm perfectly content and secure in my paranoia.
    I'm tracked and looked at enough as it is without more interference in my life.

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Hey!, I'm an old guy! :D

Here I was trying to be paranoid and you guy's shot me down in flames ...... . well it still doesn't mean their not out to get me ;)

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I'm in my 30's and got carded at Walmart for spray paint the other day. I think carding people gives the cashier a sense of power.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm in my 30's and got carded at Walmart for spray paint the other day. I think carding people gives the cashier a sense of power.
    I've been carded for that and other silly things and I'm 52. Of course with my short haircut (what's left of it) and clean-shaven face, I do kinda look like a big chubby newborn. :):

Top Bottom