• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    I;m 69, I get checked for ammo, spray paint, a few other chemicals, & booze if I bought any.

Back in the latter 50's and early 60's folks had to sign for ammo, can't remember if it was Federal or State, I believe it was Federal.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Hey!, I'm an old guy! :D

Here I was trying to be paranoid and you guy's shot me down in flames ...... . well it still doesn't mean their not out to get me ;)

They are out to get you, just wear your foil hat next time and it will be alright.

spyder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Wal-Mart tracking ammo purchases?

I haven't set foot in a Wal-Mart for a long time, but dropped in to purchase some 22LR Ammo last week.

The clerk ask for my Drivers license and punched my info into the computer. Questoned the clerk about showing my license and stated didn't think I would be buying anymore ammo from Wal-Mart.

His comment - "Sorry". Not much more he could say I guess.
    I'm pretty sure it was the date of birth thing also... I only say this because my wife and I were checked at wallyworld for a purchase of superglue..... We had our nine year old with us. We were told that they needed our license to verify our age. The lady then took it, and entered the DOB on my wife's license into their computer system.

SigTom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Their policy is that if you look 40 years or younger they are required to see ID. Some places like my old work required everyone to see ID for ammo, alcohol and even cigarettes. So it's 'normal' policy to ask unless you are a regular and they know you personally.

Packrat67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    You need to show card to buy ammo, buy booze or get in some shows. But to ask some people to show picture ID to vote is racest?? Go figgur

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Have you not heard :D Wal-Mart is sending everyone that buys ammo :draw:a $1000 gift card :laugh: on their birthday :ar15:. That's why they need to see your DL. :twocents::laugh::rolleyes: If you don't get asked for ID you look like you have too much money so don't need the gift card!!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    have to be twenty-one for handgun ammo purchases, Clerk carding someone for that is not uncommon, they (clerk) has to push a yes no button, because if you were watching the register screen, as soon as the clerk scanned your purchase it asked them if you were 21 or older. The clerk verified you were and rang up your order. Nio drivers license data was entered or scanned so far as I know.................yet!

eagle5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    have to be twenty-one for handgun ammo purchases, Clerk carding someone for that is not uncommon, they (clerk) has to push a yes no button, because if you were watching the register screen, as soon as the clerk scanned your purchase it asked them if you were 21 or older. The clerk verified you were and rang up your order. Nio drivers license data was entered or scanned so far as I know.................yet!

Years ago they used to ask if the ammo was for a rifle or handgun, because their corporate policy required them to verify an age of 18 for rifle ammo and 21 for handgun ammo.

Que the long standing joke:
    Walmart Employee: Is this ammo for a handgun or rifle?
    Your answer: It's for a rocket launcher (or machine gun or ray gun, etc)
    Walmart Employee: :scratch:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom