• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Topher Durden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Noblesville
    I am the newest member of the "long gun" club and as such have all the energy of a puppy with a new home!!! I have done quite a bit of research regarding shooting, reloading, and general long range science. I have read and posted on this forum and receive a tremendous about of help and advice. Thanks to everybody for all of the help.

I'l like to know if and when people in IN get together to shoot long guns, either for competition or just for fun. I've found Young's and Hillside as well as Bass and Buck, and they all look like decent places to go play. What I am really looking for is info on meeting and shooting with other guys that are interested in the sport. I can go and tinker on my own and plan to do so, but I believe there must be times that people go shoot together and spot for one another, provide advice and enjoy shooting!!! If not, then who do we go about putting together an unofficial, unsancioned freindy competition series for the state? does this already exist and I haven't found it? I have shot SCSA, USPSA, and look forward to shooting Multi-gun as well, but I want to find or create that for Long Guns.

How do I find out about these? What do I need to do to get an invitation? I can even bring the snacks!!!!

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Yea shooting alone is boring. Plus I always like to have a friend or family member with me in case an emergency situation happens. This weekend I took my new to me Ruger 77/44 to MCFG to get the Leupold 3-9X40 scope sighted in at 100 yards. It was raining and foggy. If it wasnt for me having AllenM at the range with me to help me see where I was hitting at I would have never got the rifle sighted in with the crappy weather. Snacks are not needed. Bring guns to be coonfingered and shot by the group your going out with.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I would be very unhappy if someone picked up my gun and fiddled around with it. And I am one of the most helpful guys you will ever see on a gun range.

Topher Durden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Noblesville
    Thanks sloughfoot for the invite and info on the club. Weather and work will keep me away this Sunday but i will be attending several events as the year progresses.

Topher Durden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Noblesville
    Thanks sloughfoot for the invite and info on the club. Weather and work will keep me away this Sunday but i will be attending several events as the year progresses. Anybody know much about shooting at Youngs? It looks like you have to be a member to shoot. Do they ever have public events? How hard is it to come check out the range prior to joining? Even have shooting events?

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I am the newest member of the "long gun" club and as such have all the energy of a puppy with a new home!!! I have done quite a bit of research regarding shooting, reloading, and general long range science. I have read and posted on this forum and receive a tremendous about of help and advice. Thanks to everybody for all of the help.

I'l like to know if and when people in IN get together to shoot long guns, either for competition or just for fun. I've found Young's and Hillside as well as Bass and Buck, and they all look like decent places to go play. What I am really looking for is info on meeting and shooting with other guys that are interested in the sport. I can go and tinker on my own and plan to do so, but I believe there must be times that people go shoot together and spot for one another, provide advice and enjoy shooting!!! If not, then who do we go about putting together an unofficial, unsancioned freindy competition series for the state? does this already exist and I haven't found it? I have shot SCSA, USPSA, and look forward to shooting Multi-gun as well, but I want to find or create that for Long Guns.

How do I find out about these? What do I need to do to get an invitation? I can even bring the snacks!!!!

It will be a bit of a drive for you, but search the NWI M&S events in the INGO events forum. A good time is had by all. :ingo:

Top Bottom