• ...and so much more!
  • When are your most productive hunts?

• Total voters

harmonn@att.net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    For me, the evenings have the higher percentage of success, as like a guy already said in this post, they come out to eat. Unless I have a nice scrape to watch in the morning, they are usually a dud. That's hunting for bucks though. I've passed up doe in the morning and then live to regret it. Like my Uncle always says, "if you pass one up, you won't see another one the rest of the season".

Best Regards,

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    I did an evening hunt yesterday & I didn't see a thing in the woods, 4:15pm or so I packed up headed home. When I came around the first turn coming out of the woods there were 4 deer standing in the road, there is a tall dirt bank on one side of the road & the woods on the other, so the deer start running down the road. I just kept my foot on the gas trying to keep up with them, 3 split off & run into the woods, the other big doe was on the bank side just put the hammer down I ran her for about 200yds going almost 45mph, I didn't know they could run that fast. I saw she was getting tired so I backed off & let her cross the road, she will probably kick my truck next time I have it parked out there while hunting.LOL

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    I haven't seen many in the morning, but I admit, I'm one of those who usually packs it in around 10am. I see plenty most evenings on the edges of the cornfields though.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I have had good times during morning, evening and midday. The best pick I can say over deer hunting the past 15 years is morning. I once read an article by Bill Winke in which he made the comment that his experience has been seeing more deer in the mornings and he attributes it to the cooler temps.
    Either way, anytime Im in the woods is a great time.

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    I choose any chance I can I don't care. I have shot my biggest bucks between 10:00 and 2:00. I would say I have shot equal number of skin heads all times of day. I think that it is just harder to find a good morning spot that you can get in without spooking your deer.

Kaiser

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    lafayette area
    I prefer the Morning even if I don't get a deer I love watch the woods wake up Got the rare oppurtunity to see a bob cat this fall here in Tippacanoe county

Top Bottom