• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. The requirement to store the ammunition separately from the gun and to not load or unload on company property is not a legal requirement, just an employer requirement.
    That they can’t “enforce”, sure they can fire you for it cuz they said, but you can spend all your money to get a little of theirs in the end. Just sayin’.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    You're gtg leaving it loaded at most places of employment, regardless of any infringing policies your employer might have. If it's allowed in your car, it's none of their business. There are places of work it's not allowed in your car, such as airports, federal properties, maybe bus stations. There is code (laws) that clarifys this.

Last edited:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Get a vehicle storage safe with cable lock so you can secure it to the vehicle. Place the loaded gun inside, lock it up and move on with your day.

When I shopped that market, they were all junk... even the expensive ones.

I put one of these in my Jeep, which is a convertible, so it's the only secured storage I have. It's bolted down where the rear seat brackets used to be. It's a bit big for most guys, and certainly expensive, but King Kong strong when considering the other options. It's been through a winter on the shore of Lake Michigan, 2 additional winters with a top leaking so badly that there would be standing water in the Jeep (I know... bad Jeep guy), and probably about 20,000 miles at this point. No issues. 0. Polar Vortex or 120 degrees, the lock has worked every time.

I can put my sunglasses, radio face plate, full size .45, several spare mags, a GPS, and more in there.

I really wish they made one about 1/2 that size so I could put one in my car too, but right now, I chuck it under the seat like 99% of guys and lock the doors. I drive an ancient grandma car so nobody is looking at it as a target for theft, probably.

Also, as a bunch of others have said, STFU about what you carry and what's in your car. That's your business and if your job fires you, oh well. As long as there aren't possibly criminal charges, as there used to be, for storing a pistol on their property, F 'em.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, now I'm allowed to be armed at work--because I'm working from home!

Only when you're off the clock. Otherwise you have to take your gun out to your car, unload it and keep it there. Oh, and you have to back out into the street or maybe pull in your neighbor's driveway to unload it. ;)

Top Bottom