• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    When the bank selling the foreclosed property decides it to be such.

:ranton:

I hate banks and their damn REO properties. I hate the complete lack of integrity and the total disregard for the terms of the contract that the buyer agreed to in good faith.

I hate the way they cherry-pick their specificity and conveniently ignore that the state purchase agreement is still a legal part of the contract.

But most of all I hate when my clients get stuck with the surprise just days before closing and there's not a damn thing we can do about it. And I get to be the bad guy because there's no one else for them to focus their frustration and anger on. :tantrum:

So why don't you take more care in determining the details, Jenn? you ask. Because the details are pretty clear. It says X in the state agreement, and the seller's addendum does not explicitly counter that particular detail. So even though the addendum supersedes any contradictions in the state form, if there is nothing contradictory, the state form terms SHOULD apply. I don't even know why they bother with a state form. It's such a complete waste of time.:wallbash:

Grrrr. I'm pissed. And I can't do anything about it. I'll argue the point for the next 3 days :soapbox:, but in the end, my client is just going to have to bend over and take it up the tailpipe or walk from the deal completely (which would still cost him money and probably more than the amount over which we are having the issue). :xmad:

Plus venting here saves me from saying things that won't be productive the parties in the transaction. :D

I need to go :ar15:.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I was really close to purchasing a REO from Fannie Mae. In hind sight, I'm shocked it didn't work out. After the process was finished (we moved on), I have learned a lot. I concur, what a bunch of ****s. I would love to find that douche bag representing their side and have a beer with him (her).

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I made the paper pusher pass the issue on to the lawyer. Now I know I'm right because she couldn't point out the specific terms in the contract that supported her position. Probably because they don't exist.

Still, it's a bittersweet victory. The buyer will probably still have to pay.

Top Bottom