• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    For those of you in SW Indiana who don't want to drive to Indy and deal with all that mess there will also be a show at the Natl. Guard Armory in Linton on Jan. 18th & 19th.
    $5.00 admission, free parking.

clemracer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    How crowded was the last show? We were going to go earlier this year, but once we got there - the line was all the way around the building to get in....

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Last time I went and I used to go to all of them, the prices were high. I haven't been lately. I live only miles away from it.

You do get to see a wide variety of items and if you are looking for something specifically you are more likely to find it. It is fun to go but my enthusiasm has waned since the high prices.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    Last time I went and I used to go to all of them, the prices were high. I haven't been lately. I live only miles away from it.

You do get to see a wide variety of items and if you are looking for something specifically you are more likely to find it. It is fun to go but my enthusiasm has waned since the high prices.

How crowded was the last show? We were going to go earlier this year, but once we got there - the line was all the way around the building to get in....
    what show are you refering to ! i was at the last Indy 1500 on Saturday morning 9 ish and walked right in with no wait ?

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    The Indy 1500 is not as busy as it used to be. The longest line is when the doors first open. The parking is hard though. I love the 1500. It has the most to choose from out of any other Indiana gun show.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    I have gone a couple of times just to look at what's out there as I can at least see a good variety usually. I've personally never seen a good enough price there to not just buy or order locally. Usually they are much higher then just running to a shop or MC Sports or wherever to buy.

Best thing for me would be accessories and holsters to try on and such. Then again, I'm left handed so pickings are slim there too!

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I have found some deals at the Indy 1500. As with any vendor type venue, some prices are high and some are not. Since the panic of last year has subsided I expect the prices to get back to a more reasonable level. Its better than spending money on movie. Good entertainment and I often get to see some people I know. I walked right in on Saturday afternoon last time, but parking was an issue due to the fairgrounds having several other activities at the same time as the Gun Show.:)

gearjammer21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Bundle and save!!! I've always had luck in getting a good deal that way. But you still need to know your facts before you go.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport

Hoosier8, I have to ask. What is the Marlin 39-A Mountie with the weight scale at the bottom of your threads all about?:dunno: Just curious? Thanks

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I'm going. Don't really have a set product in mind, but going with cash in hand. I expect this show to be a little more reasonable. Interests are AR lowers (complete or stripped, even 80%), Uppers, 1911's, and if i can find a kahr cw9 for cheaper than gunbroker I'll buy, but I doubt I will.

Top Bottom