• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    The fuel pump in those is inside the gas tank, spark from fuel pump seems unlikely. Were you starting it or ? when the fire started?

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I have never, ever, in my life, seen such a stretch of bad luck. Hope it gets better for ya. Seems to be one thing after another.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Be careful with the course compound, if you are not careful you can burn the paint.

Thanks for posting, sorry for your loss. but we can have fun with it.

I had a Safari van ignite at a McDonald's drive through.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Can you claim it was performance art speaking to the 'climate crisis' and sell the remnant as well as the photos to some NY gallery for obscene $$$?

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Truck is gone and I have a decent replacement cost offer. Driveway is not as badly damaged as I thought. Talking with GM since they are very interested in the reason for the fire.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have a 1998 K2500 that has developed a fuel leak. From a cursory interwebz search, seems the return fuel line is prone to corrosion. Looks like a biatch to get to and fix. I was just thinking about driving it into the garage to work on it.

Now, I think I'll work on it out in the yard.:n00b:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I wonder how much the winter road brine that's sprayed (sometimes foolishly) contributes to the nasty undercarriage corrosion that seems more and more evident in recent years?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I wonder how much the winter road brine that's sprayed (sometimes foolishly) contributes to the nasty undercarriage corrosion that seems more and more evident in recent years?

I have read that the new "brine" mixture is MUCH more corrosive to vehicles than the good old fashioned NaCl. Something about having magnesium in? Do remember exactly.

What I do know is that the undercarriage of our old 2007 Lexus, 2006 Acura, and 2004 Audi, all with 160-230K miles, look like new compared to ANY late model GM product. Especially the trucks.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I believe GM should be held accountable for the fuel and brake line failures on their later model trucks. They all fail in snowbelt areas and replacement is very expensive. A few dollars extra for Stainless Steel would have saved owners millions of dollars in replacement costs.

Top Bottom