• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    I wanted to share some photos of my brass catcher that I just finished for my G20. It slides on and off and snaps in to place. Took me about 2 hours to build, including the first failed attempt. Enjoy!

P3110089.jpg

P3110090.jpg

P3110088.jpg

P3110082.jpg

P3110084.jpg

P3110085.jpg

P3110083.jpg

P3110086.jpg

P3110087.jpg

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My Grandmother was a seamstress and fourier (a fur coat designer/maker) and taught me to sew at a young age. It's a very valuable skill that I think everyone should know!

Good for you - it looks good as well as looks like it functions as intended! Where's mine? I'm sure I can figure it out, but I'm the king of lazy...

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Sew What!
    It's a proven fact that men have always been better [STRIKE]Seamstresses [/STRIKE].......[STRIKE]Seamserers [/STRIKE].......[STRIKE]Stitchermans[/STRIKE]....... Tailors than women could ever be. Who do you think invented the needle, thimble and thread? But it's always been a secret til now - with your post.

Thanks a Lot - Now they're going to make us all hem our own pants. :xmad:

Leftsock - Sew your mouth shut. Your just encouraging him.

BTW - I've got this shirt that needs a few taken out if your interested :).

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Two good male masculine friends of mine are expert sewers. One made me a hydration pack and mag carriers. Next up is a sneaky guy pack. Another makes RenFair costumes and Star Wars outfits for decent ontheside money.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'm a guy, and I cook. Go to most restaurants, and who's in charge of the kitchen? A male chef, most often. I sew. Go to a tailor, and who do you find? My mom taught me that stuff when I was but a sprout, because I was interested. I have her sewing machine now. I was interested in lots of things, and learned them, but I won't measure myself by your expectations.

I admire your design here; looks like it should work.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Somethings that my mom passed on to me that everybody should know, as taught to her by her father. Perform preventive maintenance on vehicles, change a tire, be able to do reasonable home repairs, hunt (she had my uncle take me), fish, cook and sew. My dad is a pansy, but he can cook very well. My mother-in-law used to do custom sewing for Imelda Marcos, and she says my hand sewing is some of the best she has seen. I do very good work by hand.

I even taught myself to knit, just out of curiosity.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Good job and I agree men should all know how to sew as long as it's a secret the wife never knows about! I don't need anymore chores! :D

BTW--does it make a distracting jingling sound when you fire? I would think all that brass would rattle a lot. Also how's the balance as it fills? How many rounds do fire off before you dump it? Just curious.

Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    I made it to the range today. I was indoors at Blythe's and only had to look for 2 cases. Worked as good as I could have expected so far.

joekoug - I could probably make one for you if you want.

Sylvain - I just tested it today. Out of 20 rounds I fired I only had to look for two that were at my feet. I think they actually bounced back out of the opening.

chocktaw2 - I can make one for you if your serious.

bingley - At 1oz empty and 2.6oz with 10 empty cases it doesn't affect balance any were near what going from a full mag to an empty one does. Besides being able to see it, it's not a distraction for me at all.

.45 Dave - Today was my first test and I only fired two rounds before I emptied it because I was firing my worked up reloads and wanted to inspect after every change of charge weight. Like I said to bingley at 2.6oz after 10 rounds it shouldn't be very noticeable. In the future I will probably wait to dump after each full mag. The bag is big enough to hold a lot, and 15 rounds will just cover the bottom in one layer. I made it that big to prevent them from bouncing out with the next recoil.
    I don't know if I would have heard the jingling anyway on account of the 10's BOOOOOM. :rockwoot:

Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    I got a chance to get a short video of it in action. Again I am not saying it's perfect, but it's good enough for me.

Click Pic for Video

Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    Version 2.0

Trying to reduce size and case bounce out. Untested at the moment, the new opening is only 2" x 1.5". As this one is more specific to my full size Glock, I'm not sure how well it will work with other pistols.

P4100088.jpg

P4100089.jpg

P4100092.jpg

Both 1 and 2 will be thoroughly tested in a shoot this weekend. I hope to get some feed back from non-Glock pistols owners as well.

Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    I stopped by the fabric store on my way home from work because the couple that I have made depleted my supply. I grabbed some more black denim, as well as some small samples of...

P4110088.jpg

The Olive Drab is the thickest of the three, but a little thinner than the denim. The digital is a little softer, and the flames is the thinnest I think. The thinner the material the more it will shift and deform with weight and movement, but I couldn't resist.

If anyone has a color request I will try to find suitable fabric in that color, but other than for novelty I do not want to make them week.

Top Bottom