• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    I suggest we eliminate the rest of the primaries. There is a rather large group in this country that would rather have a few states determine who is "electable". So far the only criteria for voting for Romney is his perceived ability to beat Obama.

Since the game is now over, lets just save another hassle of a wasted trip to the polls. (At least for president)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    35ozbb.jpg

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY

Do you actually begrudge Romney for his wealth?

Frankly, I think that post is beneath you. Ordinarily your criticisms of candidates pertain to their positions on liberty, which is commendable. I am no fan of Mitt, but his wealth has nothing to do with it.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Frankly, I think that post is beneath you. Ordinarily your criticisms of candidates pertain to their positions on liberty, which is commendable. I am no fan of Mitt, but his wealth has nothing to do with it.

WWRPD? RP denounced similar attacks on Romney, but Ramy plays the class warfare card.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    WWRPD? RP denounced similar attacks on Romney, but Ramy plays the class warfare card.

I haven't really seen him play that game, which is why that post surprised me. Ram and I (or anyone else for that matter) aren't in 100% agreement, but in most cases I find his threads to be at least thought provoking, even if they aren't aligned with my positions. Hence my reference to that post "being beneath him."

Tebow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Whiting, IN
    I'm pretty sure there's 8 or 9 military bases in SC and we all know RP has more military supporters than any other candidate. I'm not buying into what the media is saying after TWO states that Romney is a shoe in for the nom.

In 2008, Ron Paul received 30,125 votes in Iowa and New Hampshire.
    In 2012, he received 83,067 votes. That's a 175% increase. He's doing something right.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Don't get the RP bash fest thing either. I think RP was a class act when he spoke up about the way Romney was being attacked.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You brought RP into it in post #8. Now he's introduced. Let's see where it goes.

Take it as you like.

Mods: Lock the thread, it's happened again!
    Wow, I think you're losing it here. All I saw was a couple of posts praising Ron Paul for doing the right thing. :dunno:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Wow, I think you're losing it here. All I saw was a couple of posts praising Ron Paul for doing the right thing. :dunno:

Chip on the shoulder mentality. And typical of Paul supporters who feel that any criticism--no matter how legit--is just bashing. Which frighteningly, is kinda the way the hysterical whiners of the Left react when their candidate is criticized.

And I was quite impressed with Paul for pointing out the error in the criticism people were holding over Romney. Too bad that Paul's message appeals to people for the wrong reasons. Or at least their perverted understanding of it.

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Chip on the shoulder mentality. And typical of Paul supporters who feel that any criticism--no matter how legit--is just bashing. Which frighteningly, is kinda the way the hysterical whiners of the Left react when their candidate is criticized.

I'm glad I'm not a typical Ron Paul supporter then. I believe that ALL politicians should be open to criticism when they deserve it. The constant "unelectable" without giving a reason is pretty stupid to me but you'll have that. The constant assumptions of his policies are stupid when the people know nothing of his policies (when they're out there to research), but again, you'll have that. But that does go both ways. There are many people that will throw a fit when someone criticizes their candidate (even if presented with facts).

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm glad I'm not a typical Ron Paul supporter then. I believe that ALL politicians should be open to criticism when they deserve it. The constant "unelectable" without giving a reason is pretty stupid to me but you'll have that. The constant assumptions of his policies are stupid when the people know nothing of his policies (when they're out there to research), but again, you'll have that. But that does go both ways. There are many people that will throw a fit when someone criticizes their candidate (even if presented with facts).
    You're not gonna start bashing Herman Cain again now are you? We already know he's unelectable.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    1% Wealth or 1% Power?

He's among the elite who lord over the peons. The caption fits perfectly. It has nothing to do with wealth and everything to do with his exploitation of the American public.

I begrudge him because that's taxpayer money he's flaunting in that picture. He received Federal bailouts at Bain Capital.And he went on to be a bailout-supporter in his public career too. He supported the $700 Billion TARP bailouts for his banking buddies, as well as the $787 Billion Obama stimulus:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h4VUjde8aM"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h4VUjde8aM[/ame]

He's owned by Wall Street bankers who have something to gain. He's the ultimate crony-capitalist.
    Top Contributors to Mitt Romney | OpenSecrets
    Goldman Sachs $367,200
    Credit Suisse Group $203,750
    Morgan Stanley $199,800
    HIG Capital $186,500
    Barclays $157,750
    Kirkland & Ellis $132,100
    Bank of America $126,500
    PriceWaterhouseCoopers $118,250
    EMC Corp $117,300
    JPMorgan Chase & Co $112,250
    The Villages $97,500
    Vivint Inc $80,750
    Marriott International $79,837
    Sullivan & Cromwell $79,250
    Bain Capital $74,500
    UBS AG $73,750
    Wells Fargo $61,500
    Blackstone Group $59,800
    Citigroup Inc $57,050
    Bain & Co $52,500
    And his biggest supporters are all the biggest recipients of outright taxpayer theft in history.
    mitt+and+Obama+smaller.jpg

I was chuckling about how well his elitist image is going to resonate with the average peon. He is the tailor-made villain for the OWS movement.

By the way, Ron Paul was defending the free market, not Romney's bailouts, crony capitalism, vanity, or elitism.

Paul defends Romney ‘fire’ comment

Top Bottom