• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Suppose a fellow wanted to mail senators/representatives about ideas for new laws. When should that guy/gal contact the local rep or state senator?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Suppose a fellow wanted to mail senators/representatives about ideas for new laws. When should that guy/gal contact the local rep or state senator?
    That is an outstanding question. I've had no luck with this, but there a a few things that need a hearing: pointing a firearm is not a felony (correct Nantz v State 2002), tax credit for training/safe storage devices, and adding false reporting under Laird Law to the specifics in the false reporting statute.

We've scaled Mount Everest with ConC, but we ain't done yet.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    That is an outstanding question. I've had no luck with this, but there a a few things that need a hearing: pointing a firearm is not a felony (correct Nantz v State 2002), tax credit for training/safe storage devices, and adding false reporting under Laird Law to the specifics in the false reporting statute.

We've scaled Mount Everest with ConC, but we ain't done yet.
    Ah, so beyond what needs to be requested, when should we request it? After primaries? Of course, gun rights is top priority of INGO, but I also have some voting reform ideas.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ah, so beyond what needs to be requested, when should we request it? After primaries? Of course, gun rights is top priority of INGO, but I also have some voting reform ideas.
    That's a good question. The whole "bringing forward a bill" process would be on a timeline. Nobody just shows up with 30 pages of bill by accident. The Indiana Code(s) must be researched since there are often many codes affected (ConC was 35 pages??)

Somewhere way back in the timeline is "identify focus areas/seek out ideas/prioritize/etc."

When is the best time to seek out a meeting/contact of some sort with my/any elected official to facilitate my thoughts and ideas becoming a bill and eventually a law? I think this is what you are seeking @JEBland

When you find out the answer please let us know. You didn't think I made it 57 years without knowing how to delegate did you? :laugh:

To put it in USAF fighter pilot speak: Make that happen Torch.
    :lmfao:

Last edited:

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    When you find out the answer please let us know. You didn't think I made it 57 years without knowing how to delegate did you? :laugh:
    I have always had a small problem with authority. :):

I guess I'll reach out to my local state senator and ask, then I need to make something resembling a coherent argument for the gun & voting reform measures. Looks like he's the only R in the primary.

Top Bottom