When Will INGO Members Stops Trying To Screw Each Other Over???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Personally when it comes to buying guns or anything else, I attach a mental max price to the item and then try to find it at that price. It's a game for me to find the item at the desired price.

Just because someone wants some ridiculous price for a gun I want doesn't mean I have to buy it from that particular individual.

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    As far as I'm concerned there are certain things that I own right now that are not for sale as well as certain things I am not interested in buying at the moment. If things settle down can you imagine the buyers remorse some of these people are going to have??? I am astounded by what people are paying to get into an entry level black gun.

JCatt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Its not like we are talking about food and water here.

If people are willing to pay some of these crazy prices for "luxury items" its their fault for not being prepared. I wanted to finish a couple more rifles but instead have decided to make sure some close friends/family have what they want before its all but impossible to get, and they have gotten it for free or what I paid pre madness. Anybody else wants something its going to GB and the market will determine what is "fair".

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's real easy to make a list of individuals that you don't want to do dealings with.
    You can simply put that user name on ignore so you don't accidentally buy or sell to a gouger. Or:
    You can search their 'threads created' lists and get a feel for what they're about. (But many edit out the price after they sell - shame maybe?),

Either way, when prices become normalized, I won't be dealing with bums here or places like Dick's, CTD, and those sort of places.

reedo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    The frenzy will fade and prices will ease. If people are willing to pay the higher prices, because they failed to properly prepare, shame on them. If it is not a "must have" item, just sit back and enjoy the comedy show.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Doing what I believe is the right thing has cost me lots of money over the years, I can live with that.

It's free market, it's going to happen, I personally have a list of companies I'll no longer do business with, also part of freedoms we still enjoy.

I will not :poop: on somebody to turn a buck, just not wired that way.

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    It's ridiculous. But the best thing to do is stand by and not participate in the pandemonium.

If you're all for free markets, you know this is the way things go. Of course you have the freedom of speech (such as it is on a privately owned Internet forum) so you should feel free to make your opinion know.

^^^ this

I just laugh, and close the thread. Good luck selling to anyone with more than 100 posts. And if you're of a similar mindset as me, you'll remember those people trying to sell the same gun in 6 months, and not do business with that person.

That's the beauty of free trade.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Market Value ????

If people are selling items for market value, how is that screwing people over?

Every year I buy a blue book.... seldom ever do I see anything posted on this forum for "Market Value"... But, if the price doesn't bother you.......Buy, if the price bothers you...Don't buy..

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There are a handful of sellers who seem to make a statement by specifically not inflating their prices. I guess a lot of it is how you view the forum? Friends or marks?

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah..they should sell them at last months prices so others can go put them up for double or more on gunbroker. Demand has spiked, supply has not, so up goes the price.

Top Bottom