• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dswanso1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Fishers
    I am new to shooting and have been looking for .22lr and 9mm ammo for the last few months. I have been able to get a few boxes here and there, but was just wondering if anybody has heard any rumors about when this shortage may get better?

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Very good question. I personally have no idea when it'll end. Both calibers you mentioned are arguably the most popular (maybe .380 too). Every time the .gov or civilians do something bone-headed related to guns (sometimes not) it makes the shortage even longer.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Whenever people stop payimg inflated prices, people stop hoarding, resellers stop buying it all up, the assault of our 2nd ammendment rights ends, or we get a Republican back in office.

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    wouldnt suprise me to see the shortage go well into next year or longer and when and if it does come back around i dont think you will ever see prices as it was before the craziness. its kinda like gas, they see people will pay the higher prices, why would it come back down. this is just my opinions

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Seems like in 2008, it was well up into the summer...maybe to the fall before "normalcy" returned. Of course, it is worse this time so I expect it may well last a little longer.

mdm2272

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    North Central Indiana
    It will last as long as people are afraid something is going to happen to guns and ammo. I also think that the vultures(gougers) know that there are a lot of new first time gun owners that have very little ammo and don't know what pre-obama, pre-Newtown prices were.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    wouldnt suprise me to see the shortage go well into next year or longer and when and if it does come back around i dont think you will ever see prices as it was before the craziness. its kinda like gas, they see people will pay the higher prices, why would it come back down. this is just my opinions

Great point #1

POint #2...."Follow the value of the dollar."

patricktjms

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Springport, Indiana
    How about this....lets start the rumor that the toilet paper industry is being hit with shortages of supplies due to federal constraints and maybe people will start buying it and hoarding it and leaving some ammo on the shelf for INGO. Yes? Who's with me?!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    How about this....lets start the rumor that the toilet paper industry is being hit with shortages of supplies due to federal constraints and maybe people will start buying it and hoarding it and leaving some ammo on the shelf for INGO. Yes? Who's with me?!

Again? Didn't that happen a few years ago? There was the rumor of a tp shortage and just because of the rumor, hoarding began and there was a shortage.

dswanso1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Fishers
    well, I was able to score quite a bit of ammo at gander mountain over the last couple of days! So I won't need any for at least a year or two, hopefully the drought will be over by then!

frziz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Homeland Security has purchased most of the 9mm ammo. I have heard up to 1.6 billion rounds of 9mm alone. So it will be a while.........

Top Bottom