• ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Younger people are abandoning already.

I got rid of Facebook before I even got into politics. Too much drama, and if I wanna stay connected with you I’ll text, call, or email you.

Facebook will die for the same way MySpace, AOL, and Yahoo died. Once the next big thing comes out. The issue now is Facebook has grown more powerful than all those who have previously failed.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I got rid of Facebook before I even got into politics. Too much drama, and if I wanna stay connected with you I’ll text, call, or email you.

Facebook will die for the same way MySpace, AOL, and Yahoo died. Once the next big thing comes out. The issue now is Facebook has grown more powerful than all those who have previously failed.

Ya they're big enough to buy up the competition now. reminds of the person who found out all the shady stuff Facebook was doing and decided they would boycott Facebook and switch to Instagram...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Have you ever heard of "Shadow Profiles"? Even if you're not a Facebook user, there's a good chance Facebook knows you exist.

If you have a friend that's on Facebook and say they share their phone contacts with them, if you're in those contacts, Facebook is going to have your phone number, email, and any other information your buddy saved. Facebook and their android leader scare the **** out of me.

I can't stop them from doing that. What I can do is refuse to assist them by volunteering huge amounts of data directly from me.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    At this point, I think that Facebook and Google are re-defining "too big to fail." They might lose active users, but it's not going to stop what they're doing, just change how they do the majority of their business.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I do not put any info on line except here.

But my daughters have this wild ancestry hair and now the mormans have my info all the way back to Lot.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    Since many or most social media sites are now using censorship, lobby to change their status from "platform" to "publisher". They then lose lawsuit protections given to them through "platform" status.

There's a growing movement to do that, but it almost certainly won't happen this year. It needs wider awareness followed by more support.

I also rarely place personal information online.

Last edited:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I can't stop them from doing that. What I can do is refuse to assist them by volunteering huge amounts of data directly from me.

You and I can live without Facebook, but millions of people are addicted to it. I'm sure asking one of those millions to stop using Facebook would be like asking them to give up their car.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Since many or most social media sites are now using censorship, lobby to change their status from "platform" to "publisher". They then lose lawsuit protections given to them through "platform" status.

There's a growing movement to do that, but it almost certainly won't happen this year. It needs wider awareness followed by more support.

I also rarely place personal information online.

Yup. They're trying to have it both ways.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    You and I can live without Facebook, but millions of people are addicted to it. I'm sure asking one of those millions to stop using Facebook would be like asking them to give up their car.

The problem is especially apparent in developing nations where people didn't grow up with the world wide web... they are introduced to FB as something to do online then find they can do more in FB next thing you know, there's a population that doesn't know there's more to the internet than FB. want to search for info? FB. want to buy something? FB. gotta remember that we Americans have an unusual amount of information and freedom on this planet.

They don't know what a computer is, all they have are phones with the FB app on it. Want to follow the money? outhouses and e-coli water from the river 10 miles away, charge the phones from a genny with 15 power strips the rich guy in town rents time on, but they have cell service for FB. They aren't addicted to FB, FB is their only access to and visible part of the web!

^above info comes directly from a family from my mom's church that went to Africa on a mission trip 15 years ago and visits the states on vacation once in a while.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Hey! the discussion about crackers is in Political funny pics!

Top Bottom