• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sheltie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    N.E. Indiana
    When I was young I had to consciously remember to put a knife in my pocket everyday. Today it is like putting my wallet in my pocket.

Last week I somehow forgot to slip my knife in my pocket and suddenly realized it in Fort Wayne. In somewhat of a panic, I had a sudden immediate urgency to buy any knife immediately.

The horror of possibly going two hours without a knife was too much.:D

Have any of you forgotten your knife and had to make a purchase at the closest store?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    No, I can't say that has ever happened, but that is a wonderful excuse to purchase a new knife. :D

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    Yes, I know what you mean. The few times I have forgotten them(I carry more than one) I have turned around and went home to get them. Its made me late a few times but I can't make it through the day without them.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I have never forgotten my knife/knives when leaving home....but just in case I do...I have a couple of "backups" in my truck...another reason/excuse to buy a few more blades! :D

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    Rotate

I have never forgotten my knife/knives when leaving home....but just in case I do...I have a couple of "backups" in my truck...another reason/excuse to buy a few more blades! :D

I am with you ,when I buy a new one the old one goes to the truck or car for a back up.

copper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    Shelby County
    Dang, I'm getting the shakes just thinking about forgetting my knives. I'm running out to the truck right now and putting in an emergency BU blade.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    When I was young I had to consciously remember to put a knife in my pocket everyday. Today it is like putting my wallet in my pocket.

Last week I somehow forgot to slip my knife in my pocket and suddenly realized it in Fort Wayne. In somewhat of a panic, I had a sudden immediate urgency to buy any knife immediately.

The horror of possibly going two hours without a knife was too much.:D

Have any of you forgotten your knife and had to make a purchase at the closest store?

I was out on a little "adventure" the other day, in the middle of no where, everything was going fine, thought I was close to what I was looking for, had a big whopping gun in the truck, the dog in the back, goofy looking hat, hillbilly shorts, filthy and stinking like a pig from walking in the woods and reaching in springs up to my arm pit, stopped in the shade to check the map one more time and shut the truck off.

Yep, you guessed it, the dumb ars()(%^*^ POS)(*^^M ((^&F'n wouldn't start. First thought was loose battery cables, it's got a brand new battery in it, reached for the Leatherman... ()^&(^^979043(^&(^(*^*^(&...XXXtimes a million left it at home today, just didn't fit in with my kick'n style in these shorts ()&(^^&(7...

Every day's a holiday.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I was out on a little "adventure" the other day, in the middle of no where, everything was going fine, thought I was close to what I was looking for, had a big whopping gun in the truck, the dog in the back, goofy looking hat, hillbilly shorts, filthy and stinking like a pig from walking in the woods and reaching in springs up to my arm pit, stopped in the shade to check the map one more time and shut the truck off.

Yep, you guessed it, the dumb ars()(%^*^ POS)(*^^M ((^&F'n wouldn't start. First thought was loose battery cables, it's got a brand new battery in it, reached for the Leatherman... ()^&(^^979043(^&(^(*^*^(&...XXXtimes a million left it at home today, just didn't fit in with my kick'n style in these shorts ()&(^^&(7...

Every day's a holiday.

So, as an aside, what were you looking for?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    So, as an aside, what were you looking for?

La Salle spring. To the up side, I've got it nailed down now and it's just begging me to come check it out. All but been there now.

To the down side, it's the solenoid on the starter that's bad and I'm still rolling the dice on it every time I turn the key. Wish it was a stick now.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Nope I always have a knife in my purse. Sometimes 2. :D
    I will put a boot knife in my car today for a bu. I just have to figure out which one. Too many to choose from. :dunno:

I love my knives there are just too many I would love to have. In time, all in due time.:):

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    I went through the anxiety of losing a beloved pocket folder one time and hunted for what seemed to be forever to find an exact replacement.
    So, from that day forward whenever I buy a daily carry, I always buy two and put one in the safe for my backup.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I need to buy a Pistol Bayonet so that I can stop shooting duct tape with my .45 to cut it when I forget my pocket knife. Actually been wanting one for a while. Would be a good back up if I could find a holster for it.

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    I always have my knives with me, and like a few others always have backups ( yes thats backUPS ) in the car...!!!! Don't leave home without them... :cool:

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    As I normally carry at least 2 knives I cannot remember ever leaving the house without at least one on me. But my BOB and get home bags have folders in them and the is one in the glovebox of each car as well...so no worries!

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    I have forgotten my knife (or one of them) and have bought "something" to tide me over until I got home. I bought a dozen Swiss Army Tinkers for next to nothing a while back, so I have one (maybe two) in the Jeep, one at the office, one in my briefcase...I am sure you are getting the picture!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I never allow myself to not have a knife. Or a gun. It is part of getting dressed every morning, and part of my daily routine. I haven't forgotten either in years.

mx_chick_42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    i lost my everyday carry knife last wk and have been lost with out it :( i baught a new one, but it just doesnt compare. the funny thing is when someone asks my b/f for her knife and he doesnt have his so i hand them mine. they just give me a wierd look and josh a wierd look and then i laugh

Top Bottom