• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lVl_G_D

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    I am still a little green to the site as far as posting goes but I have been browsing for a while and have not seen a thread like this so if it fails or has been done before oh well.

The question is does your gun do you more favors or get you yanked from the truck when you get pulled over?

For me I would say my glock has gotten me out of more tickets than the latter of the two scenerios. For example, there are certain cops that always hand out tickets because that is all they seem to do (motorcycle cops in Plainfield and Indianapolis as well as Staties). I got pulled over in Plainfield by a motorcycle cop at the bottom of a small hill that always attracts speeders. I was in my truck that day and had my glock 19 in the crack of my 60/40 split seat next to me as always. He pulled me over for about 10 over the limit I think but never really mentioned speed or a ticket because as soon as he walked up I told him about the gun (I think they appreciate that) and he took it from me and looked it over. We then proceeded to discuss it at what seemed to my like great length (it has a brushed stainless slide, trigger job). What got me though was I had just had the trigger done the day before and was still a little uneasy with one in the tube...I was actually scolded for this as he was the firearms safelty instructor for the department. He said I should always have one in there because you will forget to rack it if you need it. I agreed and we talked some more and off I went without even a warning.

This is not the only one but I have gone a little long here.

Let me know if you have had similar experiences or maybe even the opposite.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Welcome to INGO....

These threads never seem to go well in here. We have a great bunch of LEOs on this board and it never fails for every post like yours where the experience was a good one, somebody post about a bad experience and then the wars start.

In my 34 years on this planet I have only had one "bad" experience and it isn't worth repeating. Many friends and almost family are in one form or another LEO.

I am glad to see another Good experience posted but I know where this thread will go fairly quickly.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    So Mike, after 34 years on this planet do you like it better than the last one?

To lVl_G_D, I have only been pulled over twice in IN. Neither time was I carrying so it wasn't an issue. About not having one in the pipe I can say I understand your concern. A lot of time I will unholster while I drive and stick my pistol in the passenger seat. It slides far enough between the seat and back support so that the trigger guard is completely covered but it still makes me nervous. I have a suggestion that I have been thinking about doing myself. I was thinking of mounting a Glock Sport holster to the dash by my right leg. This would give me the comfort while driving and ease of access I want while driving without having the worries of an ND. Just something you might consider.

Top Bottom