where and how to store my B O B in my regular cab truck.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bstone2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    west side of indianapolis
    i have a ford f-150 2001 regular cab truck with a toolbox in the back. where do i store it that it will stay dry and unstolen? where do you keep yours? (trucks only) always kept it in my giant Cadillac trunk before.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    i have a ford f-150 2001 regular cab truck with a toolbox in the back. where do i store it that it will stay dry and unstolen? where do you keep yours? (trucks only) always kept it in my giant Cadillac trunk before.

I'd keep it in the toolbox if it can be locked. Otherwise, you won't have anywhere to put it. When I get my Ranger it'll be the XLT cab just for things like this.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have a similar situation with a bigger truck. I have a full sized extended cab, but I also have to carry tools for work. I keep my GHB, not a full blown BOB, behind the center console. If I jump into another vehicle it comes with me so I don't bury it. Back windows are tinted so it is mostly out of sight.

With a standard cab truck I just sit it at me feet in the passenger side. Easy access and doesn't draw lots of attention. I have covered it with a shirt or jacket, crumpled to look like a pile, if I have to park in a higher populated area.

As mentioned this is a GHB, think messenger size, not a full blown BOB.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have a 95 F 150, regular cab, and all of my stuff is just crammed behind the seat. I've got a medium sized GHB, and some extra boots, and a few extra tarps stored there.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    I keep an EDC under the seat of my truck, out of sight from all the windows. The truck looks perfectly empty so thieves won't bother it. I'm currently building a specialty bag for the tool box. Mainly for an assault pack style load. Plan to keep it tucked under the tray and in a trash bag to keep it clean and dry.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've thought of adding a tool box in the bed, but I would probably do some major upgrading of the locking system on whatever style I buy, have never seen one with acceptable locks.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sounds like a good reason to get a bigger truck.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If it is a get home bag it does not need to be so large. If it is your primary 72 hr. BOB then you need a bigger truck or break it up into a get home kit with minimal contents so you can get to the BOB at home. That is how we do ours. Just a suggestion.

Top Bottom