Security Door, 17, Browning Gun Safe Product

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I worked for a place that had an outside freezer and cooler. They secured the doors to the point, it would have been really hard for someone to break in. So someone just took a chainsaw to a sidewall.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I worked for a place that had an outside freezer and cooler. They secured the doors to the point, it would have been really hard for someone to break in. So someone just took a chainsaw to a sidewall.

My house is made from CONCRETE BLOCK & I have STEEL BARS on the inside of the garage window, with "BAD TIMES" coming I want to make my house secure from easy entry;)

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I have one made by a company called Master like Master lock. It has bars that come out of the side 8 of them like in a gun safe door. We bought 3 of them last year with part of my inheritence. One for the fromt door,the back door,and the bunker door. NOONE will be able to get into the bunker no matter how hard they try! 6ft thick of rebar reinforced comcrete walls then rebar reinforced w/concrete poured down the holes cinder blocks on the inside. I also bout air/water purification systems for it,it has electricity and a generator. I would like to see someone get in there,lol. Like a storm shelter or panic room I guess. IMO the house will be alot easier to get into than the bunker! House has 1 set of french doors that will most likely be the P.O.E. Then they have to get past the dogs and barrage of gunfire that will ensue as soon as the door is breached. LEOs only have to knock and we will let you in as we have nothing to hide. I did all of this with my families security in mind in case of a shtf situation.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I have one made by a company called Master like Master lock. It has bars that come out of the side 8 of them like in a gun safe door. We bought 3 of them last year with part of my inheritence. One for the fromt door,the back door,and the bunker door. NOONE will be able to get into the bunker no matter how hard they try! 6ft thick of rebar reinforced comcrete walls then rebar reinforced w/concrete poured down the holes cinder blocks on the inside. I also bout air/water purification systems for it,it has electricity and a generator. I would like to see someone get in there,lol. Like a storm shelter or panic room I guess. IMO the house will be alot easier to get into than the bunker! House has 1 set of french doors that will most likely be the P.O.E. Then they have to get past the dogs and barrage of gunfire that will ensue as soon as the door is breached. LEOs only have to knock and we will let you in as we have nothing to hide. I did all of this with my families security in mind in case of a shtf situation.

You're the MAN:bacondance::patriot: That is what I want, I want to sell my house, cause it has 8 french doors, but the wife loves this house:(

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I know the feeling! I just decided to Upgrade instead of sell and move. Man thats too much work. My dad died and left me some money so I just bought what I wanted for that project and a few guns. The biggest expense was the concrete,then the air/water filtration system,then the doors. My uncle workd for Harmon Construction as a supervisor and he did the majority of the work for us. He got us a good deal on the concrete and the doors! You can do it ya know ya want to,lol. Where in the south are ya? If youre ever out this way(Harrison County) I'll show it to ya.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think only a couple people have addressed this...

the door is only as strong as the frame. when the firefighters kicked in the door at my grandparent's house to put out the fire, the door was fine. Its just an ordinary solid-wood door with leaded windows in it. the frame was ripped to splinters.

Reinforcing the door without reinforcing the frame is like getting a bullet-proof limo without run-flat tires.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My dual front doors need to be replaced, Where can I get some strong wood or steel door that the cops won't be able to kick down;)

You're not going to be able to buy doors that will keep the cops from busting in.
    The MOST you'll be able to do is be alerted and "buy time" til they get in.

My approach would be one where from the outside, my house looks conventional, and the cops would make their attempt with tools that work on a conventional house.

Then when they've kicked in your door/window, etc, and alerted you, they'll find another way into your house that's MUCH harder to get in.
    This will cause them to MOMENTARILY regroup to deal with it.

IN THE END they WILL get in, and you'll only be able to delay them.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I think only a couple people have addressed this...

the door is only as strong as the frame. when the firefighters kicked in the door at my grandparent's house to put out the fire, the door was fine. Its just an ordinary solid-wood door with leaded windows in it. the frame was ripped to splinters.

Reinforcing the door without reinforcing the frame is like getting a bullet-proof limo without run-flat tires.
    you sir are correct. great door isnt worth squat if its poorly framed.:ingo:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    There is no door in the world that cannot be breached. The best you can do is slow down the people trying to break it in enough so that, if they're bad guys they give up and go away, or if they're cops you delay them enough so that they don't surprise you and get themselves (and probaby you) shot. If they're cops, they'll get through it eventually.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    You're not going to be able to buy doors that will keep the cops from busting in.
    The MOST you'll be able to do is be alerted and "buy time" til they get in.

My approach would be one where from the outside, my house looks conventional, and the cops would make their attempt with tools that work on a conventional house.

Then when they've kicked in your door/window, etc, and alerted you, they'll find another way into your house that's MUCH harder to get in.
    This will cause them to MOMENTARILY regroup to deal with it.

IN THE END they WILL get in, and you'll only be able to delay them.
    True,but the point is NOT to do anything that would require the breaching of your door! If they cant get through it im sure the rescue vehicle can!

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    True,but the point is NOT to do anything that would require the breaching of your door! If they cant get through it im sure the rescue vehicle can!
    You're absolutely right.
    The only reason I've ever thought this issue through is to cover the case where they mistakenly are raiding my house and I'm not sure whether they are the police or not.

Just having a minute to ascertain that they are TRULY the police, could save my life as well as some of theirs.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    why is everyone fixated on doors? if you dealing with anyone who has half an ounce of training they will make their own door wherever they want if they need to. doors keep the amateurs out, not the professionals.

Top Bottom