Where can I find a decent suit (or two)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm getting married in May and I think I will be at about the same money to buy a suit as I will be to rent one, so even if it's a cheap suit I still have it when I'm done rather than nothing and a $150 bill... I'd like to just get something decent if possible and then take them to a tialoer. I don't hardly ever wear a suit, so I'm not spending a crazy amount that's for sure. I'll probably buy one for me and the best man's. Looks like it's men's warehouse, or Jos A Banks so far.
    Banks sometimes does the BOGO on their suits! Just remember, these are just range suits, no going to the office with them(they are questionable for marriage)!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm getting married in May and I think I will be at about the same money to buy a suit as I will be to rent one, so even if it's a cheap suit I still have it when I'm done rather than nothing and a $150 bill... I'd like to just get something decent if possible and then take them to a tialoer. I don't hardly ever wear a suit, so I'm not spending a crazy amount that's for sure. I'll probably buy one for me and the best man's. Looks like it's men's warehouse, or Jos A Banks so far.

I did something similar. I already had a black suit, and rather than making people rent tuxes and buy ugly dresses, we had the bridesmaids help us buy a tie to match each dress' color. (if they didnt already have a suitable dress, they bought one they liked and would wear again) Those were given to the corresponding groomsmen.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    As an aside, even though they are rack grade suits, Von Maur has a decent selection, fair "tailors", and offers a NO-interest store credit card!(That's NO-interest EVAH, even if you carry a balance!).

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Your tailored suit doesn't do anything better than my crap suit, except cost more! FOR THE MONEY, crap suits'll do everything your expensive tailored stuff will! I mean, really, I would buy a more expensive "go to office" suit, but all I use it for is interviews! And c'mon man, who among us is still able or willing to "go to office"?

But has your crap suit been to war and proven durable by warfighters? Unless it was made by BCM your crap suit just stinks!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    But has your crap suit been to war and proven durable by warfighters? Unless it was made by BCM your crap suit just stinks!

No it hasn't been to war, who wears a suit to war? It HAS been to office, and it failed miserably, pockets gave out, ass seam spit, held all the mustard stains, etc. Many at the office were very upset that their day was interrupted by my trying to un**** my unsat suit!

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    No it hasn't been to war, who wears a suit to war? It HAS been to office, and it failed miserably, pockets gave out, ass seam spit, held all the mustard stains, etc. Many at the office were very upset that their day was interrupted by my trying to un**** my unsat suit!

I hear that if your suit was made by BCM you would not only be prepared to fight a war but could easily avoid going to the office.....

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Some people get bent out of shape when you don't wear a suit,

[video=youtube;tuNBvix9cMc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuNBvix9cMc[/video]

[video=youtube;dXMiZ007lnE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXMiZ007lnE[/video]

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I haven't needed a suit in a while but I used to go to von maur in the greenwood mall. They used to fit you and get even tailor the suit to you. I don't know what they do now. A good couple suits (for summer and winter) is a good investment.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Toys-r-us/kids-r-us should "suit" you well.

All seriousness though. Both my suit coats are from a second hand store. Black for funerals and a grey for better occasions.

My size has gone up and down so much in my adult life, a taylored suit would be a waste for me. Fitting into it once every 5 years won't work.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    Just got an email this morning from Jos. A. Bank, they are doing buy one get one free this weekend. You can score to nice suits for probably $200.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It depends where you work. I'm a cheap bastard believe me but when having quality matters I will put out the cash. I put out!
    if you work in a business where an impression makes a difference it's not too much to just spend 500 to 700 on a suit. Trust me it's worth the extra money! Also don't forget a good shirt and tie and the shoes are very important. I don't think it's unreasonable to spend $1000 for a complete suit. Tie, shirt, suit, shoes, socks, belt. if you need to wear a suit everyday the. You're gonna be looking at a lot more.
    People don't think twice to drop that or half on a gun for entertainment.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I don't wear suits. I don't mind spending on quality... but $1,000 seems a bit much for me to wear maybe once a year.

On the other hand, I don't want to look like I'm dressed in a paper bag.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    No, BCM is a QUALITY clothier, you must have mistaken your suit with Palmetto, Anderson, DPMS, or Bushmaster?

No, the only suits I wear are my birthday suit and those made by Bill Jordan.... so far the former seems to be holding up as well as I am and the latter does a great job of blending in.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    It depends upon your dimensions. Some folks can look good in an off-the-rack suit and others can't. Some folks gain and lose weight regularly and a fitted suit would be a waste of money. There is no doubt that a fitted suit looks like it is made for you. At church, you seldom see anyone (even the well-to-do) wearing a fitted suit, except for prosperity preachers like Joel Osteen. I'd say if you are an average build and don't fluctuate weight regularly, just get an off the rack suit, especially since you say that you don't wear one that often. It may go out of style by the time your ready to wear it for the second or third time. If you really need to impress someone with good taste (not likely, since you are on INGO) get the best fitted suit that fits your budget. BTW, if you always go about armed, make sure you wear your EDC and accessories when looking for a suit.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I've had good luck with having tailors "tweak" something off the rack. Just buy a little big so they have something to work with. The key is buying something that has reasonably good materials so they have something to work with.

Top Bottom