Where can I find/who makes cheap AR-15 Uppers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I'm building a kind of "poor man's AR" before I build a nice one to really learn more about the platform. Found some stupidly cheap plum crazy lowers, now I just need a cheap upper to pair them with.

Recommendations?

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Model 1s tend to be pretty cheap, and seem pretty well liked too. Might want to look for used uppers. Either recievers or assemblies.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I'm building a kind of "poor man's AR" before I build a nice one to really learn more about the platform. Found some stupidly cheap plum crazy lowers, now I just need a cheap upper to pair them with.

Recommendations?

I would like to hear more about the lowers....

And yeah to agree with the post above me, we would really need to know if you are looking for a stripped upper, barreled upper, complete upper, are you looking for the bcg to be included? How much is cheap to you?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Del-ton, Model 1 Sales

Check out the Spike's complete uppers at AIM Surplus too-- MUCH nicer and still relatively inexpensive.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Check out the Spike's complete uppers at AIM Surplus too-- MUCH nicer and still relatively inexpensive.
    This ^^^ IMHO, for the very, very small cost difference, you get an upper that is leaps and bounds ahead of the others. I would get a Spikes upper hands down. Not to mention that all their uppers come with their heavy buffer so that is something that you won't have to buy if you decide you want a heavy buffer.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    :noway::xmad:

M&A parts sucks IMHO. And I'm not the only person that holds that opinion. Some of the parts I've gotten from them before were plastic ones (plastic triggers guards) when they should have been metal and there was no mention of plastic parts when I ordered.

Also, I once ordered 2 BCGs from them and was charged $37 for standard UPS shipping. I'm sorry, but a 1 lb package on standard UPS shipping doesn't cost $37. I asked them about it and they said, "The system calculated your shipping correctly, that's what it is." WTF?

IMHO, while some may have good experiences with them, there are plenty of bad experiences to turn people to other sources.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    CDNN has a 16" A3 upper fixed front sight, plastic hanguards for 299.

[edit] Plus 139 for BCG and 14 for charging handle, but you can get them from Cheaper than dirt for 130.

Its right at the beginning of their catalog, maybe page 10.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Top Bottom