Where can I (other than ArmsList or the classifieds here) sell ammo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    DISCLAIMER: To avoid getting hammered by a mod, I will say up front that I will not describe what I have, nor will I answer any PM's asking me of such. I do not want to run afoul of the posting guidelines there for I will not discuss any items I have.

That said, I have recently sold all of my guns, and have ammo hanging around I want to get rid of as soon as possible as well. I would like to be able to go somewhere like a gun store or gun show and sell what ammo I have left. I don't want to have to mess with ArmsList and private sales. Can anyone point me in a direction for this?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I would say depending on where you are list them here I know more people will be shooting as the weather continues to get better, and it would give you the ability to judge the buyers character on here rather than some stranger off FB. I know I would depending on what you have if you made an ad.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I tend to disagree on that, 1775. On Armslist and even on here, you often have no idea who you are dealing with. At least on Facebook, (in theory) you see the person's real name, where they live, who their friends are, etc. and you can get a bit more background.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    DISCLAIMER: To avoid getting hammered by a mod, I will say up front that I will not describe what I have, nor will I answer any PM's asking me of such. I do not want to run afoul of the posting guidelines there for I will not discuss any items I have.

That said, I have recently sold all of my guns, and have ammo hanging around I want to get rid of as soon as possible as well. I would like to be able to go somewhere like a gun store or gun show and sell what ammo I have left. I don't want to have to mess with ArmsList and private sales. Can anyone point me in a direction for this?

JMHO, but if you're like me, and can't post pics, why wouldn't you sell it here ?????

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I would say you can still get a good frame of the persons mind on here by their posts if you want to go through all that checking, If the person hasn't locked down their FB then yeah you can see who they hang with and if any of the pics show questionable behavior. On here though for those who have a feedback score you can judge whether or not they may flake out on you.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Out of your trunk, roadside, at midnight?

Not saying you should, only that you can!

Hey, ya didn't say it had to be a good idea! :laugh:

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Private sale would be the best. A gun store generally won't take old ammo. Liability. I would say the best is to post here and do a face to face sale. I would list everything and sell it as a lot. One shot and done.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not knowing about where you are in the state makes it tough. I'd just call some local gun stores, especially any that offer reloaded ammo, and ask.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    Mainly I just didn't want to mess around with dealing with a private sale, and get things taken care of in one fell swoop. That, and I wasn't sure if I had 50 posts on my account or not (I haven't used this account in ages). I'll probably list it here and see if I can turn it quick.

As for selling my guns, I had my reasons. Don't really want to go into them, but they are such that any reasonable gun owner would agree that it was prudent to do so.

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    You could possibly offer a small discount for people if they were to buy a good chunk of it, that way you dont have to deal with as many private sales. I am pretty sure you would get more from selling it here/armslist then you would by trying to sell it back to a gun store

Top Bottom