Where can I pattern a shotgun? (Central Indiana)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    A few of us normally shoot at Elwood Conservation thur or fri late afternoon and usually sat or sun afternoon if you are interested. A guest costs five bucks. Its on the south side of Elwoon on County Line Rd. Its easy to find.

If those times don’t work I can meet you there as my guest. I have a new 20 ga coming so I “need” to go anyway. Weekdays are good.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    A few of us normally shoot at Elwood Conservation thur or fri late afternoon and usually sat or sun afternoon if you are interested. A guest costs five bucks. Its on the south side of Elwoon on County Line Rd. Its easy to find.

If those times don’t work I can meet you there as my guest. I have a new 20 ga coming so I “need” to go anyway. Weekdays are good.

Thanks for the offers. I didn't realize how close Elwood was to me. I would love to check it out as a guest. I was bummed to see they still aren't accepting new member applications. It seems like it's been that way for a while.

Ricnzak - when are you getting your new 20 ga.? Weekdays are usually easier for me. Mondays and Tuesdays specifically.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    When our membership drops below a certain number it gets opened up for new membership.
    I normally post it here when that happens. I might be going tomorrow afternoon if that works for you..
    Ricnzak*** How often do you shoot?

..... Crap.. I could have met you there today.. #sadface

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    When our membership drops below a certain number it gets opened up for new membership.
    I normally post it here when that happens. I might be going tomorrow afternoon if that works for you..
    Ricnzak*** How often do you shoot?

..... Crap.. I could have met you there today.. #sadface

I can't do tomorrow. I have a thing at my kid's school.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I had a chance to get out to Parabellum this afternoon. My cheap Maverick 88 w/ 20" barrel performed great. I ran four different loads of buckshot through it and three out of four gave me the 4-6" spread I was looking for at 10-15 yard distances for inside home defense purposes. One of those was Winchester Super X, which is readily available at Wally World, so I can now feel good about starting to stockpile.

The only load I felt was too tight was Federal Power-Shok which was more like a 3-5" spread at 10 yards and just 2" at five yards. This would be well-suited for defending outside the home/neighborhood patrol use.

Overall it was a fun day at the range and I was happy with the test results.

QpxCae1.jpg

Top Bottom