• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmithGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Over the years I have considered going class III several times, but each time the thing that dissuaded me the most is lack of shooting sites. I haven't looked into it in about 10 years, so are there now a lot of places to shoot class III in Indiana?

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    What kind of class three are you thinking of? Most places wont know or care if you are shooting an SBR or Serbu Super Shorty. Some places might be a little concerned with suppressor use. Full auto is obviously the biggest concern. You wont be able to shoot full auto at any of the DNR ranges, and many private ranges have restrictions on it as well.

As far as ranges go, I will let someone more local to you answer that. I know Beach Grove Firearms would gladly welcome your NFA items.

SmithGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    What kind of class three are you thinking of? Most places wont know or care if you are shooting an SBR or Serbu Super Shorty. Some places might be a little concerned with suppressor use. Full auto is obviously the biggest concern. You wont be able to shoot full auto at any of the DNR ranges, and many private ranges have restrictions on it as well.

As far as ranges go, I will let someone more local to you answer that. I know Beach Grove Firearms would gladly welcome your NFA items.

I was mainly thinking of full auto. The last time I checked years ago there were hardly any outdoor ranges to shoot at in Indiana. I guess maybe I need to go out and buy some land before I buy my first full auto...

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Pre Y2K you could shoot full auto at the various DNR ranges, however, those days are long gone.

For a shooter to walk in and shoot one option is always KCR in Ky, between two and three hours from you. Deer Creek Conservation Club by Gas City (exit 55 on I69) allows full auto on the lower full auto range, however, joining takes attending a meeting, getting approved an there use to be a NFA training class / tape. All this was due to someone putting rounds over the back stop. Myself tend to shoot on three friends ranges (don't take guests, which is why they are still friends ;-) and Old Trails in Richmond IN (depending on where you are exactly, can be as close as Deer Creek).

Was a thread on this, but is over a year old, so don't know what has changed ... but will work on that ;-)

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...6137-indiana_machine_gun_friendly_ranges.html

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Martinsville Conservation Club allows full auto, just got to let them know ahead of time. And you have to be a member as it is a private club.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Its pretty far north for you... but Midwest Gun and Range allows suppressors, full auto and SBR.

They rent out full auto as well, so you could always get your fix there.

TEK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    st joe county
    when I lived in Chicago we used to go to Buffallo Rock in Ottawa Illinois. The whole 9 yards would show up out there from tripod mounted mgs to post 86 dealer samples. havent been there in years.

just east on 80 about 3 hours from st joe county, thereabouts.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Question is can you afford to shoot full auto these days.

Just need to buy ammo a few years in advance, in between the various AWBs, Y2K and election worries ..... Then again I sold / traded off dozens of cases of ammo a year or two ago when prices were low (in particular the ten foot high stack of 8mm) as had health issues and was not shooting as much (of course cleared up and been shooting again).

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    when I lived in Chicago we used to go to Buffallo Rock in Ottawa Illinois. The whole 9 yards would show up out there from tripod mounted mgs to post 86 dealer samples. havent been there in years.

just east on 80 about 3 hours from st joe county, thereabouts.

Unless those were dealers or mfg's or LEO, most NFA is illegal in IL. Doesn't help the OP much.

ShootinIron

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Martinsville
    full auto

I have been shooting full auto since the mid 1970,s and have never had a problem finding a place to shoot full auto. (About) everyone knows some one that lives in the country. If you have one you need to try call me, It is not unusual that we head out after closing the gun shop to test suppressors or machine guns. I am doing a re-build on a M11- Nine that is going to need tested, I have a M11- .380 I need to test before selling, and I need to try a slow fire upper.

IIVIIace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Brazil, In
    Protec in Clay County

I have a membership at Protec in Clay County. I shoot my m16's there quite often and have never had any issues. It's about an hour drive for you, but it is a good range with a reasonable membership fee.

Top Bottom