• ...and so much more!
  • XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    If you like to wheel or ride dirt bikes/ quads, Badlands does not allow firearms at either the park or the campground. I thought about just locking it in the glovebox but I don't know.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Actually, it was a DNR administrative RULE that prohibited the carry of weapons in State Parks, etc. It wasn't ever State LAW. This administrative rule was rescinded 3-4 years ago to bring these state properties in line with the rest of Indiana as a whole.
    -J-

This was not done under Indiana code, but under Indiana administrative code iirc.

:)

pforgs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Camden
    I know this in general is a BAD idea: But what if I have it in my car or on my person and don't think about it when I walk into my bank to do my banking business?

I would assume banks are a no go, and I don't ever intend to even try (concealing or not) to carry into a bank for obvious reasons. Most of my friends ask me and I just got my license so I don't know for sure. Any idea?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I know this in general is a BAD idea: But what if I have it in my car or on my person and don't think about it when I walk into my bank to do my banking business?

I would assume banks are a no go, and I don't ever intend to even try (concealing or not) to carry into a bank for obvious reasons. Most of my friends ask me and I just got my license so I don't know for sure. Any idea?

Why is it a BAD idea, and what, exactly, are the obvious reasons you referred to? There's nothing illegal about carrying into a bank.

pforgs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Camden
    Why is it a BAD idea, and what, exactly, are the obvious reasons you referred to? There's nothing illegal about carrying into a bank.

It's a bad idea in my opinion because if your handgun is seen while you are in the bank, the chances of having a major inconvenience heading your way with police and the suspicion of trying to rob the bank in any way goes way up.

Plus every bank employee I know openly admits to me that they are quick to hit the alarms to notify security and police when they see someone with any type of gun on property.

Maybe I'm just a little more conservative at the area than other people. But for me common sense says "Don't take a handgun into a bank, it's asking for trouble."

So to answer the question, it is legal?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's a bad idea in my opinion because if your handgun is seen while you are in the bank, the chances of having a major inconvenience heading your way with police and the suspicion of trying to rob the bank in any way goes way up.

Plus every bank employee I know openly admits to me that they are quick to hit the alarms to notify security and police when they see someone with any type of gun on property.

Maybe I'm just a little more conservative at the area than other people. But for me common sense says "Don't take a handgun into a bank, it's asking for trouble."

So to answer the question, it is legal?

Yes, it's completely legal. Frankly, I wouldn't do business with a bank that called the police every time I walked through the door. And for me, common sense says "Take your handgun into the bank, because if there's any place you're likely to need to protect yourself, it's when you're walking to your car with a wallet full of money."

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    I open carry in my bank frequently, and this is in Carmel. I have yet to have anyone call the police. Simply look decent and act decent. Nobody will get their panties in a bunch.

Renegade1978

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Porter
    I didn't see anything listed in this .pdf about carrying in hospitals, but a local LEO (who is a good friend and ccw advocate) says that it is illegal to carry in a hospital in Indiana. Anyone know if this is true?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    How about the Indianapolis Airport? We had a thread about this last year that was never really resolved. The Airport Authority (a private corporation) seems to believe that they can prosecute you for carrying any "weapon" anywhere on the airport property (I'm NOT talking about the secured areas in the terminal concourse areas. I'm talking about the parking lots and food courts and baggage claim areas). Of course they also seem to think they can prosecute and fine you for smoking in the parking lot. Anybody know if they have legal authority for this stuff?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Does Purdue fall under schools? Its not a K-12 institution.

No, colleges are not illegal, but may have rules which will get students expelled or employees fired.

All others may be asked to leave just like from any other property. Failure to do so if asked would then be trespassing.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    How about the Indianapolis Airport? We had a thread about this last year that was never really resolved. The Airport Authority (a private corporation) seems to believe that they can prosecute you for carrying any "weapon" anywhere on the airport property (I'm NOT talking about the secured areas in the terminal concourse areas. I'm talking about the parking lots and food courts and baggage claim areas). Of course they also seem to think they can prosecute and fine you for smoking in the parking lot. Anybody know if they have legal authority for this stuff?

The way I read the law you can carry in an airport, just not passed the secured area. I have done it several times but then again I don't advertise it either.

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    If this has been asked or addressed forgive me. But if I decide to homeschool my children, will my home be classified as a school, thus making it illegal for any firearms to be on my property?

Top Bottom