Where could I go to look at some milsurp guns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThatOneKid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    Batesville
    Like the title says, where could I go look at some old milsurp guns, specificity Spanish FR8 Mausers, and really nice mosins? My mom of all people wants a nice milsurp gun for christmas, and would also like to get educated. Where do you suggest I go? (Shop/dealer wise)

Thanks!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I haven't sat down and read all of that stuff either. I have a life to live, but if I have a specific question about almost ANY model Mosin-Nagant...

Good luck. There's a lot of different models and manufacturers out there.

Search for some posts by a member called Millertyme.
    I think I got that right.
    He has a handful of them :rolleyes:

ThatOneKid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    Batesville
    I haven't sat down and read all of that stuff either. I have a life to live, but if I have a specific question about almost ANY model Mosin-Nagant...

Good luck. There's a lot of different models and manufacturers out there.

Search for some posts by a member called Millertyme.
    I think I got that right.
    He has a handful of them :rolleyes:

I've done some research in the past, and I've narrowed it down to a tula hex, or a fin. I might even pick one up too

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    They are a hoot.
    I have 2. A 91/30 and a T53 (Chinese knockoff of the M44)
    They really are a blast to shoot, fairly accurate if you pick up a good one, and cheap to shoot, at least for now.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Like the title says, where could I go look at some old milsurp guns, specificity Spanish FR8 Mausers, and really nice mosins? My mom of all people wants a nice milsurp gun for christmas, and would also like to get educated. Where do you suggest I go? (Shop/dealer wise)

Thanks!

You could also check out the INGO classifieds, as often there are old milsurp guns including nice Mosins for sale there.

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Most gun shops have them or you can go to Gander Mountain, Bass Pro, places like this for the Mosin most of the retailers even the grease off.

Sonney

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Most gun shops have them or you can go to Gander Mountain, Bass Pro, places like this for the Mosin most of the retailers even the grease off.
    They would be heck to pay if they took away my degreasing time. The cosmoline removal gives me time to properly bond with my new family member, like a newborn suckling from it's mother.

As to mother in question, Is this a gift? Will you OP, be buying the rifle for her? Nice milsurp rifles is subjective, of course, but mostly don't appear on store shelves. If you want to handpick, try looking at Empire Arms or Liberty Tree. I've gotten good stuff from the former, no experience with the latter (although they have two Russian laminated M44 that are reasonably priced). And if you're not an FFL03 (which it doesn't sound like it), you will have to find a dealer to work with them.

Nice for me means a good Finn with some character in the wood or a Polish M44. Note that a Finnish M39 is a rather heavy gun, so caveat emptor. The Polish M44 is lighter, shorter and yet has a good trigger and is accurate; and it's a blast (literally) to shoot.

I have no experience with Spanish Mausers. But... you might be able to find a Mosin Nagant with an "SCW" (Spanish Civil War) stamp in the stock if that's her thing.

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I have not done any business with him before, but I have heard great things about him. Give Rick from Fall City Firearms a call. He is very knowledgeable on surplus firearms and has a nice selection in his shop from what I remember.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/local-gun-shops/183033-falls-city-firearms.html

Beware going to this guys shop..

1st, his prices are so low, its hard not to walk out with a gun or two... And do not think you can just walk in check the place out and walk out, Heck no.. every stop there is a history lesson , crossed with a comedy house. Even if your in a hurry, you can barely get in and out of the place in an hour and a half. I always leave my wallet in my car when I go there, It does not stop me from buying, but it helps me keep my money for an extra 5 mins.. Plus as you drive away, your 1st thought is, "I have to go in there more often"...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We could be getting cheap sks's and svt40s from the com-block and cheap norinco copies of everything if it wasn't for a couple of *******s.
    Well, that is true, but is not germain to this discussion as the OP specifically asked for an MN or Spanish Mauser.

Oh, welcome to INGO, what tickles your fancy in the classifieds?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have not done any business with him before, but I have heard great things about him. Give Rick from Fall City Firearms a call. He is very knowledgeable on surplus firearms and has a nice selection in his shop from what I remember.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/local-gun-shops/183033-falls-city-firearms.html

That guy is an arrogant tool who climbs up on a soap box and pontificates on the most boring, arcane drivel you will ever hear in your life....Oh wait...Rick? No he is a hell of a guy...Very smart, good looking, and wise.......:)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Heck no.. every stop there is a history lesson , crossed with a comedy house.

Now that's funny...I always thought it was you and doggydaddy that turn it into a "comedy house"......

Doggydaddy-"Hey Rick...I think the safety is broke on this 1903 Springfield...I keep flipping the safety to on and daggone thing still won't engage."
    :laugh:

Me-"Try it again brother...I am SURE it will work this time..":laugh::laugh::laugh:

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Now that's funny...I always thought it was you and doggydaddy that turn it into a "comedy house"......

Doggydaddy-"Hey Rick...I think the safety is broke on this 1903 Springfield...I keep flipping the safety to on and daggone thing still won't engage."
    :laugh:

Me-"Try it again brother...I am SURE it will work this time..":laugh::laugh::laugh:

Too bad you don't have that event on video. You could play it on a continuous loop in the shop.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom