• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Ultra foods, Gary. At self check out a uniformed Lake County Deputy was within ten feet in front of me facing me. He gave the appearance that he did not even notice me, but I don't no how.

Today at emissions and BMV.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Sloppy OC today, My tee shirt half assed covering the 226.
    We went to Menards, the Re-Store, and Texas Road House in South Bend, and Lowe's up on Grape Road.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just left BP on West 86th. Panhandler out scamming people for money again. I went in and let the manager know, she came out pissed with the police on the phone to chase him off. Went to the register to pay for my stuff, the cashier says "Oh I thought you were police because of that gun. You're brave."

Talked to me about being afraid of getting one herself, not sure how she'd handle it, etc etc. Briefly talked about it before leaving.

Last time I saw the guy panhandling, I called out his scam in front of his potential victim. He actually approached me today to try and scam me. Such a short memory.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Just left BP on West 86th. Panhandler out scamming people for money again. I went in and let the manager know, she came out pissed with the police on the phone to chase him off. Went to the register to pay for my stuff, the cashier says "Oh I thought you were police because of that gun. You're brave."

Talked to me about being afraid of getting one herself, not sure how she'd handle it, etc etc. Briefly talked about it before leaving.

Last time I saw the guy panhandling, I called out his scam in front of his potential victim. He actually approached me today to try and scam me. Such a short memory.

When I lived in California, the same guy tried to scam me with the same routine twice in one day. I suspect that the people in question do not see you as a person or individual, just as a potential source of income.

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    I didn't oc like i usually do, but I felt this was a worthy story. I'm not usually a suit and tie kind of guy, so when I have an occasion to wear one, it's an event. It's one of the only times I conceal and I always go all out. Today I went all "Don Draper" and strapped on my G17 as usual, I then got my pocket mag pouches and stuffed my jacket with 2 33rnd mags and another 2 17 rounders on the belt. 100 rounds of Hornady critical duty, plus 18 in the gun, I definitely did not feel undergunned. Although I couldn't help feel like a bad guy when I went into my bank to make a withdrawal. The movie "Heat" came to mind when I was there.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Anyone ever carried in "The Legend Classic Irvington Cafe"? Supposed to go there soon.

Never been there, but I looked up their number and called them and the lady who answered said she didn't believe it would be a problem. She said she's seen people OC in there before and she's never seen anyone ask them to leave. I typically call anyplace I plan to OC just to verify and have yet to have any problems.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Why? Do you typically call ahead for any other reason?

Any business can decide to ask you to leave. If a business isn't 2A friendly, I don't want to give them my business. If I know what I'm going to be doing and where I'm going to be going, I'll sometimes call ahead and verify there won't be any issues. The places that say they don't allow OC I either avoid, or if I can't, I CC.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Any business can decide to ask you to leave. If a business isn't 2A friendly, I don't want to give them my business. If I know what I'm going to be doing and where I'm going to be going, I'll sometimes call ahead and verify there won't be any issues. The places that say they don't allow OC I either avoid, or if I can't, I CC.

Yep and any business can ask you to leave even if you call ahead. I've had one problem with a business and OC, and members here have been in there before and after while OC with no problem.... If I call, that person could be mistaken about their policy, or I could talk to a manager who doesn't have a problem with it, and then they go off duty and one who does have a problem comes in. I don't bother calling, I just show up. If they have a problem with it I'll find out soon enough.

ETA Oh Rural king and Taco hell is where I OCed today. Along with my yard and house.

ChevyNova1970

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2015
    Northwest
    I didn't oc like i usually do, but I felt this was a worthy story. I'm not usually a suit and tie kind of guy, so when I have an occasion to wear one, it's an event. It's one of the only times I conceal and I always go all out. Today I went all "Don Draper" and strapped on my G17 as usual, I then got my pocket mag pouches and stuffed my jacket with 2 33rnd mags and another 2 17 rounders on the belt. 100 rounds of Hornady critical duty, plus 18 in the gun, I definitely did not feel undergunned. Although I couldn't help feel like a bad guy when I went into my bank to make a withdrawal. The movie "Heat" came to mind when I was there.

100 spare rounds while carrying daily? haha maybe a little overkill?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yep and any business can ask you to leave even if you call ahead. I've had one problem with a business and OC, and members here have been in there before and after while OC with no problem.... If I call, that person could be mistaken about their policy, or I could talk to a manager who doesn't have a problem with it, and then they go off duty and one who does have a problem comes in. I don't bother calling, I just show up. If they have a problem with it I'll find out soon enough.

ETA Oh Rural king and Taco hell is where I OCed today. Along with my yard and house.

I agree things can change, but that won't stop me from calling ahead on occasion. I've done it several times now and it's always worked out fine. If I can avoid a business that doesn't want me there by taking a moment to make a phone call, I'll do it. I'm still relatively new to open carrying, carrying concealed most of the time, but I'm starting to OC more often.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Saw a young-ish woman in Southport Meijer last week or so with a "Keep Calm & Carry Guns" pink shirt on. I wanted to go compliment her, but was on my way out. Not sure if she noticed me carrying. I think it was pink..

Top Bottom