• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Because there are many threads that deal with CC, others that deal with OC, the majority of members are JC so there is a composite thread for those who think they are right. If you start another thread about the best ..... to CC we won' t bother you.

Being a member of the JC crowd, that happen to OC except in cold weather. I am pointing out that this thread is for OCers to share information about OCing in different places, and possibly the reception/reaction encountered.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Menards in Gary, the guy pushing carts in stopped me and asked "Is that a .45 also what kind of holster I was wearing and where could He get one."
    Aldi, the security guard stopped me as I was leaving and asked me about my gun belt and we talked gear for a couple of minutes.
    Goodwill, several folks were looking at me and I had the idea they thought I would snap at any moment. I did not.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

THIS ! I Carry Concealed

Only criminals hide their guns

Because there are many threads that deal with CC, others that deal with OC, the majority of members are JC so there is a composite thread for those who think they are right. If you start another thread about the best ..... to CC we won' t bother you.

Being a member of the JC crowd, that happen to OC except in cold weather. I am pointing out that this thread is for OCers to share information about OCing in different places, and possibly the reception/reaction encountered.

Been watching this thread for a long time so I finally decided to answer the question. Nowhere!

Why!

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Anyone ever OC in southern IN, Floyd/Clark county area? I don't recall ever seeing someone OCing in 4 years living here.

I see folks OCing in Jefferson County occasionally. It's rare, though.

Saw a fella OCing at Wal-Mart in Madison a few weeks back. Well he had it tucked IWB in the small of his back but had no cover garment on so the rear of the slide and full grip was exposed.

Other than that, I've seen maybe 3 or 4 at max over the past couple years OCing.

I OCed to McDonalds earlier today, but I don't think it counts when your coat drapes over the OWB holster... haha.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Took the family to Target in Fishers tonight to look at some Christmas decorations and kid clothes.

It was my first time out with my new Safariland holster.

It was uneventful. No moms demanded any action. No red shirts asked me to cover it up.

Ultimately we left without buying anything.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Haven't posted here in a while so I might as well since the weather was beautiful and I wasn't wearing a coat.
    Kroger, CVS, and the local scrapyard all in Monticello. No comments, no looks that I saw, no problems what so ever.

JEDenny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Georgetown
    You have most likely seen me then. Those are 2 of the 3 stores I am at when I leave the house most of the time. I hardly ever see anybody else around here OC.

A 1911 ish gun carried at 1:30?

Let me guess - the third store is Gun World:rockwoot:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom