• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Chase, 116th and Cumberland Road. I don't even think anyone noticed, to be honest. I went to Benning for jump school years ago. In August. Coming out of the sawdust pits, everybody looked like giant Zagnut bars.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I carry CC 99% of the time, but tonight OC just for fun at a big box toy store with a no guns policy. Since my purchase filled 3 carts, they said nothing. Money talks. In fact they never said anything about the gun as several different employees kept asking why I was buying so many toys.

No story. No complaints. No stares. One zealous employee, offered to help with my purchase, and was a bit curt. But I thing it was just a confusion of why I was taking so much stuff.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yesterday: Subway, BP, BW3

At BW3, guy at the bar said "You work security?"

Afterward, went to Walmart. Stood in the "express" lane for 20 minutes, with only three people ahead of me. First person was a lady arguing about a coupon. Second lady had to wait for supervisor to scan her alcohol.

The cashier was a younger girl, and when she saw me she said "Oh look he's scarrrrry, he scares me. This guy scares me. Look at him, he's scary."

I closed my eyes and waited...

She got the attention of her current customers and said "Look at the guy behind you, he's really scary, he scares me."

She was saying all of this in a shrill baby voice.

Worst. Lane. Ever.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    First off, I don't OC. Nothing against those who do, it's just not for me.

However, I was having lunch today at a local restaurant where I go quite often. I purposely sat in the back, against the wall, which allowed me to remove my jacket and not bother anyone with my Kimber exposed.

As I sat there eating my most excellent double-cheeseburger and fries, I couldn't help but overhear the guys in the booth next to me discussing the shooting in CT, the lack of AR-15 availability, the definity of the lifetime license being declared null and void, etc.

So, when I ran out of Coke, I didn't bother to cover my Kimber with my jacket. I just got up, refilled my cup and returned to my seat.

I was keenly aware that their conversation abruptly stopped as I walked the 5 steps to the pop machine. I guess they saw my buddy.

I sat down, their conversation resumed, albeit at a noticeably lower volume than before, and the topic turned to work, holiday plans and families.

Like I said, OC is not for me. However, in a situation like that, perhaps those guys will think about it and do a little research into IN gun laws and realize that it's really OK for an average citizen to protect himself these days.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    First off, I don't OC. Nothing against those who do, it's just not for me.

However, I was having lunch today at a local restaurant where I go quite often. I purposely sat in the back, against the wall, which allowed me to remove my jacket and not bother anyone with my Kimber exposed.

As I sat there eating my most excellent double-cheeseburger and fries, I couldn't help but overhear the guys in the booth next to me discussing the shooting in CT, the lack of AR-15 availability, the definity of the lifetime license being declared null and void, etc.

So, when I ran out of Coke, I didn't bother to cover my Kimber with my jacket. I just got up, refilled my cup and returned to my seat.

I was keenly aware that their conversation abruptly stopped as I walked the 5 steps to the pop machine. I guess they saw my buddy.

I sat down, their conversation resumed, albeit at a noticeably lower volume than before, and the topic turned to work, holiday plans and families.

Like I said, OC is not for me. However, in a situation like that, perhaps those guys will think about it and do a little research into IN gun laws and realize that it's really OK for an average citizen to protect himself these days.

C'mon. Admit it. You tried it and liked it, didn't you?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The cashier was a younger girl, and when she saw me she said "Oh look he's scarrrrry, he scares me. This guy scares me. Look at him, he's scary."

I closed my eyes and waited...

She got the attention of her current customers and said "Look at the guy behind you, he's really scary, he scares me."

She was saying all of this in a shrill baby voice.

Worst. Lane. Ever.

When you got up there, you shoulda calmly said, "you wouldn't provoke someone your scard of, so you must be acting childish."

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    BP, Subway, Fifth-Third

One of the bank associates came out of her office and asked me if I need anything while I'm waiting in line. I said I'm just making a withdrawl. She said OK and still stood there looking at me.

After my transaction, bank manager walked through the lobby and behind the teller area. He said "Are you a cop?", "Nope" I smiled. "Oh, you just carry that around?" "All the time." "Nothing wrong with that, just thought maybe you were police. Merry Christmas."

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    I carry CC 99% of the time, but tonight OC just for fun at a big box toy store with a no guns policy. .

really? Why would you knowingly violate a store policy? They have a right to their policy under the law as it stands. Not sure if they had a sign posted indicating their policy but what you did is just not right. Sorry, but I just do not get people like you who think it is funny to violate such things.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think he's proving a point. If the gun was so dangerous, they shoulda kicked him out, instead of letting him spend all his money.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    really? Why would you knowingly violate a store policy? They have a right to their policy under the law as it stands. Not sure if they had a sign posted indicating their policy but what you did is just not right. Sorry, but I just do not get people like you who think it is funny to violate such things.

Because store "policies" and "rules" do not a law make. It's a request. Do you comply with every request made of you?

They can have any policy that they like. Doesn't mean you have to follow it. All they can do is ask him to leave, and if he refuses, have him trespassed.

So what if they had a sign? What does that prove, that they like to think they're safe? Does it prove that no one will ever violate their sign to commit a criminal act? Just like no one will violate a victim disarmament zone law and shoot up a school time and time again.

Sorry, but I just do not get people like you that think that one must care what BS rules people put in place to provide an illusion of safety.

I carry everywhere I'm legally allowed. This includes stores with "signs," "rules," and "policies." I'm not obligated by any stretch of the imagination to follow them.

:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

Last night, I OC'd at Old Time Pottery, Jack in the Box, Half Price Books, and Best Buy in Greenwood.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    So far today I have OC'd at Wally world, the bank, meijer, the gas station, and at SmileDocHill's place.

No stampedes were started at any of the above locations.

Top Bottom