• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Stopped by DiBella's on 86th street for dinner and then took the dogs for a walk through my neighborhood. No instances at DiBella's but did have an instance while walking the dogs. Someone's dog decided to jump through their front door and attack one of my dogs. Luckily my dog wasn't injured and I only came away with a broken collar, scraped up elbow, and a dinged up muzzle on the G17 (downside to OC, I guess). Still debating on whether to notify Animal Control or not.

I did, for a split second, consider dispatching the dog, but once it was on mine it could have been disastrous in my favor. That being said, would it have been a justified shoot on my part if I drew on the dog and shot it while it was running towards me from the door?

Wow... like, broken collar BONE? Or just the dog collar?

What'd the owners do?

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Wow... like, broken collar BONE? Or just the dog collar?

What'd the owners do?
    Collar. Well, actually her harness. If it was a collar bone I probably wouldn't be typing so coherently right now, haha.

They weren't dicks or anything, but asked if my dog was ok. But, from how they were talking, it doesn't sound like the first time something like that had happened. The downside is it's on the loop back towards my house when I take them for walks. I'll just stay to the other side of the street from now on, worst case it just gives me more time to draw.

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    I guess on how you read my post but I did not tell the woman that she was a stupid woman! And I did take her name and she gave me the corp. phone number. I was not evil to her. I was actully very nice about it, and the man that came outside with me said that you handeled it very well. With my post I did not want to make it a 3 page storey out of it, so as I said it is in how you read it. Very easy to quater back the post but I presented myself as respectfull and did not make a big deal out of it. If anything she raised her voice several times at which I tried to calm the situation down but she was very childish in the way "she" handeled it! Corp. Has sent me an email and they are sending me a letter of which I requested and said that a sign should have been posted, and there is "NOT" which was a surprise to the lady that sent me the email. They said they would look into why no sign with some follow up to be forth coming and I also have a ref. # in connection to the issue. She new of the items in my cart and was told that I would no longer spend my money in any of there stores at which she said, "Fine! There are many other stores that do not have a problem with firearms and I should shop else where!!" Pretty sorry for a businss to lose $150 in todays hard times. I could not have been happier in how I handeled it and I would not have done it any better. Mature?? I was way beyond mature. And thanks to all for your in-put.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Swaggered around my loft all holstered up and stuff. The dog looked up the farted then went back to sleep. Gonna try it in front of my fish tank next.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Last night I took the boy into Shelbyville to do some shopping and to get his winter mane shorn. I normally don't go to this particular haircut place, but Sockmonkey said, "Here, I have a coupon."

As I was standing there watching the hair cascade from the boy's head, I overheard the mother of another boy there for a haircut speaking with one of the other stylists. I wasn't really paying attention, but I caught the stylist saying, "my husband's in the Army..."

The mother of the other boy then turned her attention to me and said, "So, you can just carry that out like that?"

It caught me off guard, but I responded, "Absolutely."

"Do you have a license?"

"Yes."

"And is that just for Indiana?"

"No. Our license is recognized in many states. I've carried in Missouri, and anywhere from Michigan to Florida, north to south, recognizes our license."

"Oh. Okay. Well, you never know when you're going to need one these days."

"Yup, that's why I carry."

She turned back to the stylist, but the stylist continued the conversation by saying that she'd recently gone out shooting with some family members and had an unfortunate incident where the Glock .40 she was shooting got a hot load and blew out the side of the gun. I asked her if it had been a hand load or factory ammo and she said that it was factory. She had initially said that "it came apart in my hand" and I thought that the mag dropped or the slide flew off. I wasn't expecting her to say that it actually blew apart.

We finished there, then walked around wally world doing our shopping. We stopped over at Cabell's for a milkshake then headed home.

I guess not all soccer moms (or in this case she mentioned something about martial arts, so a martial arts mom) are scared of the OC'd sidearm.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Last night with the lady, OC'd at Cold Stone and Cheesecake Factory in Greenwood. All was well, as it should be, though I bet employees of the Cheesecake Factory would have asked me to leave had their lights been bright enough to see.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I CC but saw a guy Sat afternoon at the Chinese Buffet in Mooresville OC..... its really not out of the ordinary in Morgan County though.;)

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Tractor supply near Demont and KFC in Demont. I don't know why but the KFC was packed full of....people very advanced in age. None of them seemed to mind. Finally speedway in Lowell. A guy held the door for me and asked how I was doing today sir. Don't know if it was OC related or he is just a nice guy to everyone.

In Tractor Supply I noticed a young guy in boots and a cowboy hat. Had an empty kytex holster on his hip.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Went to Pic-A-Part earlier, and had planned on OCing, but saw the "No Firearms" sign on the door as I approached. I already had my shirt over it, but also made sure my tool bag favored that side. I made it past employees and the IMPD officer at the door multiple times without any issues. I would have tried a full on OC if they didn't have parts I wanted. Once I was in the yard I wasn't as worried with whether it became exposed or not.

I ended up getting a full center console and overheard console for my truck for only $30. That's a steal when people online sell just the center console for $200+.

Scoe3202

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    Not today but I OC'd at the Greenwood Park Mall and one of the security guards told me it was private property and that I could not carry inside the mall, the mall has no signs stating that guns are not allowed not to mention I was unaware that a shopping mall was private property.

Top Bottom