• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just left Chik-Fil-A on 86th. Packed as usual. There were at least three police cars parked in the lot. One sheriff was standing by my car smoking. He may or may not have noticed my OC, but if so, didn't say anything.

BW3 last night. Guy sat a couple seats away from me at the bar and asked "What heat you packing there?"

Heading to Cincinnati next week, so I won't be able to carry :(

Last edited:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    You are allowed to open carry in Ohio without an LTCH. Carrying in an occupied motor vehicle counts as concealed, regardless of how the firearm is carried. For some reason, motorcycles are also considered for this. If you keep the gun locked up and unloaded in your vehicle, and carry it openly when on foot, you are within the confines of the law.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Just verified the info. Looks like their laws apply equally to residents and non residents alike. Open carry is legal without a carry license, concealed carry requires a license. Carry in a vehicle is considered concealed. As long as you follow proper transport laws, you'll be fine.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hmm... lots to consider. Do Ohio police hassle people more about OC?

What about when I'm walking into and out of my hotel? Dunno, seems like a lot of work to carry into OH without a license.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I'm glad someone else finally said it. Yes, OC in OH is legal, no license. However if you get into your vehicle you must also unload each mag and separate the mag(s) and cartridges. You can then reload once you're at your destination. Rinse, repeat.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    OC'd into TGIF in Avon today and was asked by the manager to return my weapon to vehicle. I said no thanks I will pay for my drinks and take my business elsewhere. He was very courteous and professional and so was I. Added to list of black businesses.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    OC'd into TGIF in Avon today and was asked by the manager to return my weapon to vehicle. I said no thanks I will pay for my drinks and take my business elsewhere. He was very courteous and professional and so was I. Added to list of black businesses.

TGIF in Hobart has no problem. At least they've never said anything.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I barely ever post here since its almost and everry day occurance buuuuuut here goes..family express in demotte, some gas station in Roselawn, chase bank in valparaiso, then best buy in valparaiso (getting wifes new phone fixed for like an hr.... :xmad: wouldn't even give us a gift card, wasnt our fault they sold us a broke phone and made us wait an hr to fix it) Ocd my fnx .40 2 extra mags and my trekker fixed blade. Lots of looks in best buy and family express. None in the bank that I noticed :dunno:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I barely ever post here since its almost and everry day occurance buuuuuut here goes..family express in demotte, some gas station in Roselawn, chase bank in valparaiso, then best buy in valparaiso (getting wifes new phone fixed for like an hr.... :xmad: wouldn't even give us a gift card, wasnt our fault they sold us a broke phone and made us wait an hr to fix it) Ocd my fnx .40 2 extra mags and my trekker fixed blade. Lots of looks in best buy and family express. None in the bank that I noticed :dunno:

I get fewer stares in banks than anywhere else...

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I just had a positive experience at the Meijer on 38th street. I walked past a guy by the milk coolers, and happened to walk past him again shortly after. He stopped me and wanted to shake my hand and thank me for exercising my Rights and open carrying. He said not a lot of people are willing to do that.

I failed to tell him I was OCing a rifle earlier this morning in Lafayette. Maybe I should have mentioned that.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I just had a positive experience at the Meijer on 38th street. I walked past a guy by the milk coolers, and happened to walk past him again shortly after. He stopped me and wanted to shake my hand and thank me for exercising my Rights and open carrying. He said not a lot of people are willing to do that.

I failed to tell him I was OCing a rifle earlier this morning in Lafayette. Maybe I should have mentioned that.

You were just over compensating at the Rally w/ that 30 round magazine.

OK - Join it the fray
    Starbucks on the way to the rally, at the Rally, at a coffee shop at the rally, at gas station in Russiaville.
    The day is still young. ... there may be more.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Guess I better get a good belt holster and start doing this. Don't have one right now.

I would be proud to OC.

Hang it from a necklace like rappers in the 80s did :D

Seriously though.. I OC'd at Meijer on 331 (again :D ) ... this time, no manager, no Loss PRevention guy (hi Tim Stevens :D ) no sheep freaking out about a MWAG.

I wanted to test fate and see if OC'ing over there a week later was soon enough to freak out the masses :laugh:

Then, we went to Cheddars (their food was REALLY good BTW) .. We walked in and their waiting area was PACKED.. we got on the 'list' and got our pager. We were told the wait was approx 35-45 minutes (which was fine with me). My wife and I had 4 of our children with us (yes we have more than 4 :laugh: )

As we waited, I picked up my 4 yr old and he was laying on my shoulder. We were playing a little. After just 3 or 4 minutes, our pager goes off. We were seated immediately. My wife said "if I was one of those people that were sitting when we came in, and saw all of us come in and get seated right away I'd get mad. Must've been cuz you were carrying" :laugh:

Don't know for sure, but I ate anyway :yesway:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    EckFrank
    Top Bottom