• ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Does shirtless in the Dr. office count?
    I went to the Dr. today to have a mole removed from my side and to go over my blood work I had done last week.
    The visit went like this... Dr. came in and we exchanged pleasantries,talked guns for about 15 min. the nurse was wide eyed through out this time.
    Next was asked to remove my shirt,before I could move the DR. said "I suppose your carrying?"....well yeah
    Mole removed. I put my shirt back on and talked guns and reloading for another 20 min. then I headed home.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Does shirtless in the Dr. office count?
    I went to the Dr. today to have a mole removed from my side and to go over my blood work I had done last week.
    The visit went like this... Dr. came in and we exchanged pleasantries,talked guns for about 15 min. the nurse was wide eyed through out this time.
    Next was asked to remove my shirt,before I could move the DR. said "I suppose your carrying?"....well yeah
    Mole removed. I put my shirt back on and talked guns and reloading for another 20 min. then I headed home.

Next time tell her if she's nice, she can touch it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Left the Glock at home and swapped back to the Colt 1911, AMERICA.

OC'd to family house for beer, cookout and fireworks. Just got home a moment ago and took the dogs around for a walk to enjoy the neighborhood fireworks.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    OC'd to a friend's yearly cookout/hangout at his business' property on College Ave to watch the fireworks display. The girl and I had a wonderful time and brought a bag of sparklers and other fireworks for all the kids.

sonofd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Valparaiso Indiana
    I can say i "Open-carried" for the first time yesterday. I had my handgun in my concealed holster, but had my shirt tucked in behind the gun. I went to Walmart in Valparaiso and seemed a few people looked but nobody said anything. It was a great day!

Another OC'er in Valpo! Right on!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Meijer, Starbucks, Produce stand on Emerson/Stop 11, Liquor store, around the neighborhood, and now outside cooking steaks on the grill with an Osiris Pale Ale in-hand.

Life's good. Usually.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Stracks in Lowell, Sunny's liqueurs in Lowell, Marina store in Cedar Lake (forgot the name, off of Moorse) for a new bilge plug and Sportmen's Den in Cedar Lake for bait and bobbers. As it should be all day.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    My girlfriend and I OCed at Walmart on Ireland.

We were looking at juices, and a mother and her two kids, son and daughter, probably about 4-5, were looking at candy on the opposite side. We passed in front of them, and the boy asked his mom if those were real guns.

Here's the part that made me smile.

She says, "Yes, they're real guns."

"Why do they have those?"

"Because it's legal to carry guns, and they have a right to do that."

"But why?"

"Because they can. They have a license to carry it."

We had walked past them at this point, but as we passed, I looked back and smiled at the mother.

I was impressed that she didn't say "permit."

Thought I'd share.

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    My first carry experience (received my LTCH in the mail yesterday) was at Dunham's and a Wal-mart in Auburn. Had my 1911 on my hip in my Serpa II and I do not believe I received more than 1 strange look let alone anyone saying anything.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Starbucks, and a jewelry store to get an engagement ring.

And just 5 minutes ago, I ran out of bourbon, so I ran to liquor store. Granted, they know me... so coming in with a white t-shirt, blue-jeans and a glock wasn't out of the ordinary.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I OC’d at the Jewel grocery store in Munster, yesterday, Friday July 5th. Although I have OC’d here multiple times without any incident, this time was slightly different.

As I entered the store, there were a couple of female employees at the entrance, one of them was tending to the shopping carts, the other one seemed to just be greeting customers as they entered the store, including moi. Note that there is a bank branch in this store, but the bank counter does not have a direct view of the entrance.

I stopped at the produce department, just inside the entrance, just long enough to bag a few ears of corn. Then headed to the meat department in the back of the store. On the way to the meat department, I heard a page on the PA system for the manager. I had an inkling this was related to my OC just because of the timing of the page and because the employees at the entrance, but of course, had no way of knowing that at this point.

Once I finished my shopping I headed back to the front of the store to check out. I noticed a male employee speaking to one of the cashiers, and to another male employee who appeared to be the manager (had a white shirt on). The first male employee had also passed me in one of the aisles while I was shopping, probably doing a visual verification of the report he had just heard from the girls up front.

He approached and asked if I was a police officer. I said, “no, no I am not, but I am licensed to carry”. He questioned whether the license allowed me to carry openly and asked me if that was legal. I told him that Indiana law does not distinguish between concealed and open carry and that it was totally legal. I felt like telling him that it was too hot outside to conceal, but I let him have the next word. He said, “our bank has been robbed before and the ladies get nervous at the sight of someone carrying a gun”. I said with a big smile, “If you’ve been robbed, then you should be happy to see customers like me”. He looked unsure about whether I was telling the truth, and generally uneasy with the whole situation, but he feigned a smile and told me to have a nice day. At this point I was thinking that the police would likely be walking in the door any second, but they never did.

Later it occurred to me that I should have pointed out to him that the thieves who robbed the store were probably not OCing. I will bring that to his attention if I see him again.

Birdman002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    South Bend
    I went to Kodiak with a few friends, then we went to Sweet Frog. Wasn't sure how that was going to go but we got our frozen yogurt and sat down and had no troubles!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A jewelry store as I picked up and finalized a purchase.

I could tell they were all tense as hell. Everyone's eyes were darting at my side nonstop as I stood at the counter.

It was sorta funny. I was there about 10-13 minutes. Signed some papers, and was on my way. They wouldn't dare interrupt thousands of dollars of profit.

Top Bottom