• ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Does it still count as OC if your jacket is covering it? :):

Today: Family Video, Meijer, Target so far. Later tonight, maybe Grey Brothers.
    I know you're joking but, yeah, I'd say so. I often think about that myself but, considering that most people don't pay attention, the muzzle portion of my holster sticking out from under my jacket probably isn't enough for most people to think "GUN!!!" :runaway:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I meant the manager of the Co Line / Emerson store. That doesn't really fit her...

Granted, the Bar Manager sorta fits that.
    Oh, gotcha. I only saw him for five seconds before he walked away but was a white guy, bald/very very short hair, 50+ years old, about 5'8"-6' tall, 180-200 lbs.

I've talked to an older lady manager at that restaurant before but that was months ago when my girlfriend and I were complaining about a worthless waiter they had there. We didn't see her last night.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yeah, that's him. Surprising that he'd bring it up like that. I've spoken with him on many occasions, and he's seen me carry many times.
    Well see now here's the confusing part. He walked up to the manager in training and mentioned something in her ear with his back turned towards me. That took all of five seconds but immediately after that the M.I T. asked to see my permit. :dunno:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well see now here's the confusing part. He walked up to the manager in training and mentioned something in her ear with his back turned towards me. That took all of five seconds but immediately after that the M.I T. asked to see my permit. :dunno:

Ah well. Disappointed that he'd do that. I rarely go to BW3 anymore... but when I do, he tends to not make it an issue. Maybe because he and I had a heart-to-heart one day... I dunno.

Anyway.

Went to 450 North brewery tonight with some family and friends. Was OC the whole time. They gave away our reserved table to another group because they were "cold at the tables by the door", so when we got there we waited another 30 minutes for a table.

The service was absolutely ****-awful. Every single check was wrong... but we ended up getting a growler fill we didn't pay for, so that evened it up.

Then to my aunt's place to check out their new firearms/survival toys. Gotta check my Twitter feed for the pics of that stuff.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Q'doba to get some qeso cheese and chips, $4.00 for a small thing of cheese and stale chips! WTF. We cancelled our order and went to Kroger to get everything to make it ourselves for way cheaper.

sonofd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Valparaiso Indiana
    Oh, let's see.. Ok, here goes. All in Valpo:
    Kohl's
    Rue 21
    The movie theater
    Wal-Mart
    The Shoe Department
    Famous Shoes
    Panera Bread
    CVS
    and a couple of other stores that I can't remember.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Lately...

Chicken place on 31, Kroger, Subway, BP... the usual.

Guy at work came to my office yesterday with an IT question, then as he was walking away... he got quiet and said "So uh... you have your conceal carry?" referring to the license. I answered that I do have a license to carry, and he said that some people around the office noticed me OC'ing out to lunch.

Got into a conversation on guns, he just bought one of those Taurus Governors for his carry. Very cool. Talked a bit about the "no-guns" sign on our building, and how silly it is... and that he'll have to show me the new Taurus when he gets it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Liquor store, Krispy Krunchy Chicken, and Speedway

There was an older couple in the chicken place, eating in. I ordered, and sat down waiting for my food. The man (wearing a Vietnam Veteran hat and a similar coat) said "Excuse me sir... my wife wants to know, is that real?" pointing to my glock.

I looked at her, smiled, and said "Yes"

She responded, "Oh my, that's scary..."

"It's pretty common around here" I smiled...

"I've been around here a long time, I never see that!" she laughed.

Seemed to be a bit rattled by my OC, but they got back to their dinner.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I was OCing in a local pizza place and walked up to the register to pay when an older gentleman who was eating with his wife said something to me. I said "What was that, Sir?" He nodded his head toward my Star BM 9mm and said, "It doesn't do you any good if you don't have it with you, does it?" He then proceeded to tell me a story about a guy he knows that is a small business owner that was followed home and robbed in his home while he had loaded shotgun across the room from him that he wasn't able to get to.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    In my front yard while raking leaves, as I have done for two years here. Fun times with Hammond LEO ensue.

In case anyone wants to see what happened.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nse/323234-hammond-leo-interaction-today.html

To set a little background, Hammond's Mayor McCheese, I mean McDermott, has publicly stated he is anti-gun, and will do all he can against guns in his city.
    Hammond has ordnances in violation of Indiana Code, and has "No Guns" signs in violation of state law.
    The court however, ruled that since Hammond has not enforced any of the codes or signs, everything is copasetic.

Top Bottom