• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My OC non-sdventures are so ordinary and routine continuing to document in this thread would only serve to bore most of you or empower a stalker wanting to case my routine since OC is a way of life for me now. Hopefully I won't have any misadventures to relate either.

Rexford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    United States
    Kroger in Rochester. Once again no screams or people taking cover. I'm getting used to this.

I figure if their lights are off and they're just driving, they're setting an example. If they're going 30 over, that's how fast they think we should drive.

To my (limited) understanding of traffic law, if an officer is speeding you can follow him all you like, but if you pass him then there is trouble. An officer intentionally speeding just to wait for someone to match then suddenly slowing down and flipping on his lights is not a legitimate way to write a speeding ticket...at least I believe thats how it goes.

I could be totally wrong though.

I conceal carry for now but I'd LOVE to work up the nerve to OC here in and around Indianapolis proper, I get the feeling it won't be so easy here as other places in Indiana seeing as the cop saturation is higher, I swear after 2 years (it felt like 4) in Cali I saw less cops driving around there for the entire time then I saw in one month being here in Indy.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    To my (limited) understanding of traffic law, if an officer is speeding you can follow him all you like, but if you pass him then there is trouble. An officer intentionally speeding just to wait for someone to match then suddenly slowing down and flipping on his lights is not a legitimate way to write a speeding ticket...at least I believe thats how it goes.

Yep, you are totally wrong.

There is nothing in the traffic code that allows people to violate posted speed limits just because a cop is speeding too.

Rexford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    United States
    Yep, you are totally wrong.

There is nothing in the traffic code that allows people to violate posted speed limits just because a cop is speeding too.

Huh...well as I've been saying A LOT ever since I joined and separated from the air force. "Thats bull -insert another word for waste here-" Then again I haven't had a lot of contact from Indy cops yet beyond bumping into a few that seem to enjoy frequenting Indy Gun Traders of which I got a good tip about kydex holsters.

Officers in Cali were quite accepting of "I was going with flow of traffic." as an excuse of mass speeding though I never had a chance to test that (probably faulty) piece of logic.

Along the same vein, anyone actually OC here in Indy? I've never seen any before and I've poked around a bit at wal-mart and such though there DOES seem to be a cop there who enjoys parking in the fire lane (still not sure who I should take those pictures too if they even mean anything)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Along the same vein, anyone actually OC here in Indy? I've never seen any before and I've poked around a bit at wal-mart and such though there DOES seem to be a cop there who enjoys parking in the fire lane (still not sure who I should take those pictures too if they even mean anything)

I have many times. A lot of the people on INGO who carry openly all or most of the time have done so many times in Indy as well.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

I conceal carry for now but I'd LOVE to work up the nerve to OC here in and around Indianapolis proper, I get the feeling it won't be so easy here as other places in Indiana seeing as the cop saturation is higher, I swear after 2 years (it felt like 4) in Cali I saw less cops driving around there for the entire time then I saw in one month being here in Indy.

No need to "work up the nerve"... Just do it. Be ready to be a good ambassador or walk away if a non-LEO takes exception and know your rights if stopped by LEO. There's plenty in the stickies at the top of this forum section on those subjects.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    A couple nights ago a neighbor was helping me put a cat carrier in the van. My scrub top must have raised up and he saw my gun. He got all freaked out. He said " You have a gun, why do you need a gun?" I had my LCP OWB so I just kind of giggled and told him that it's just a little gun, I usually carry a much bigger one. The neighbor was pretty nervous after his discovery.

I needed to get the cat to the clinic so we didn't have time for small talk. My coworker who was with me was quite amused by my neighbor's reaction. A half hour earlier another employee had just patted me down to make sure I was carrying before he left for the night, so the coworker with me knew I was on body carrying.

The fact that I carry a gun gives many of my coworkers peace of mind when they leave me on nights I have to close up the clinic by myself. That way no one feels like they should stay and baby sit me.

jwhitaker45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Kroger on the east side, firehouse subs in Castleton, PC help in fishers. Only firehouse said anything and it was to ask if I was LEO for a discount. Bam!

Robert8252

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Lets see, starting from Friday - Little Ceasers on Linwood, city dump, McDonalds, Skyline Drive-in in Shelbyville, Lowes on Post, Krogers at Linwood, my backyard, and when I went to the little boys wee wee room at home. As usual, nothing eventful.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just walked out of Thorntons in Greenwood. Group of guys around a van, the driver spotted me and yelled "Yo homie, 'dat a fake pistol?" in a real thuggish tone.

Just kept walking and said, "No, it's not."

I mean, sure, it's a Glock and all... but "fake" is a bit too far!

Edit - Alternate Ending:

I said "Oh hell naw", whipped out my gat and busted a cap in 'dose fools.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    ... In a joking way, right?

Absolutely, it was actually probably more of an excuse to touch me as well as a concern for my safety. I work with a great bunch of people. We violate each other's personal space on a daily basis and we all enjoy it. We're a lovable bunch. It's a family like environment.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Absolutely, it was actually probably more of an excuse to touch me as well as a concern for my safety. I work with a great bunch of people. We violate each other's personal space on a daily basis and we all enjoy it. We're a lovable bunch. It's a family like environment.

Now that makes sense. Context is everything :)

Today just Rickers. Coworker was there getting coffee. I don't think he approves, but I also don't think I care for his approval.

Wife getting back from Florida this evening. Might go out somewhere.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    Chipotle...like I do twice a week. No panic. Was in line with 4 uniformed SBPD and 2 US Marshalls. All of us open carrying our pistols. No burritos were harmed by gunfire, but plenty were consumed.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Chipotle...like I do twice a week. No panic. Was in line with 4 uniformed SBPD and 2 US Marshalls. All of us open carrying our pistols. No burritos were harmed by gunfire, but plenty were consumed.

Good for you! :yesway: A part of me says that Chipotle doesn't deserve a dime of my money for caving in. Then, another part of me says that since they didn't "officially" ban weapons, it is time for me to visit one of their establishments for the first time open carrying my XDm.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Saw and chatted a bit with a young woman OCing a Beretta 92 (or 6) in a Serpa. She was in my kids' doctor's office parking lot getting ready to leave. I parked next to her and we ****-chatted for a few mins about guns until my wife and kids arrived.

Top Bottom